Chapter Eight

"Alright and that's the end of our test! I know everyone in this room did a good job!" Our teacher said as she finished up grabbing all of our papers. "The results will be posted tomorrow."

"Fan-fucking-tastic," I grumbled to myself.

I got up from my desk as the final bell rang. I grabbed my backpack and pulled out my phone along with earbuds. I shuffled my vocaloid playlist and let out a sigh. I wanted to see if I could catch Leo on my way out.

I put on my backpack and got out of my classroom. Teo by Omoi started to play and a little smile appeared on my face. I may be feeling down, but that song is an absolute banger.

~

When I made it to the front gate, I waited for Leo. Normally I would be waiting for him so we could walk together, but today I just wanna have a quick chat about what happened this morning.

I waited for a half hour but there was no Leo. I let out another sigh and I decided to head home. There was no reason to wait for him if he wasn't here.

~

I opened the front door and I saw Kazuha waiting for me with a giant smile. "Welcome back, love!"

"Hey Kazuha," I said with a forced smile. "How was your day?"

"Well I taught myself how to use the televisions. I also figured out how to work the washing machine and dryer so I put in a load of your clothes," he said as I set down my backpack and took off my shoes. "The technology in this world is surely amazing."

"Man you are starting to act like a housewife," I joked.

"And what's wrong with that?" Kazuha shot back with a smirk.

"There's nothing wrong with it," I giggled. "It just feels out of place since I don't have a child." I said the last part to myself.

"You want a child?" Kazuha asked me with a bigger smirk.

"GOD I KEEP FORGETTING YOU CAN HEAR WELL— and I don't want to give birth and deal with a baby. I still have school hun."

"We could always adopt," the male said.

"Are you really invested with having a small human with me?" I put my hands on my hips.

The two of us made our way towards the living room and we sat down on the couch. I pulled a blanket over me since it was a little chilly in my home.

"But of course! We are going to have one sooner or later."

"I don't think I'd be a good mother since I'm literally still in school and I make sex jokes along with dark jokes all of the time," I said as I crossed my legs.

"Well then we should adopt a more laid back child, like Sayu!" Kazuha suggested.

"Don't you dare get any ideas mister," I muttered.

"Oh? What do you mean by that?"

"Don't bring Sayu here. She still has a lot of work to do as a ninja."

"You're no fun," Kazuha clicked his tongue. "And I wasn't planning on bringing her here.... yet."

"Oh god," I deadpanned. "Anyways, what do you want for dinner?"

"Oh I already made dinner. I put your serving in the microwave."

"I'm not even gonna ask how you already know how to use all of this stuff," I said as I started to get up.

"No no! Stay here I will get it for you," the male said as he got up from the couch. I watched as he made his way towards the kitchen and turned on the microwave.

   He heated the food for about a minute and made his way back. He gave it to me with a smile. "Here you go!"

   I looked down at what he made me. He made me a serving of katsudon, and it looked amazing. The rice and the meat looked so good! I wouldn't be surprised if he was a professional chef behind the scenes.

   "Thank you! Oh my word it looks amazing," I said as I adjusted the chopsticks in my hand.

   I went and took my first bite. It tasted amazing; even my mother couldn't top that because she used to make amazing food herself.

   "It's so good~"

   "I'm glad you like it," he said as he returned to his spot right next to me. "Would you like me to cook for you for now on? I know you've been struggling with eating."

   "Only if you want to cook— wait how did you know that?" I asked.

   "I guessed that you haven't been eating well with what you have in the pantry."

   "Ok that's fair."

   I took another bite of the food. "Oh no you've seen how much junk food I eat," I said as I covered my mouth with my hand so I wasn't impolite.

   The older male chuckled. "There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy you haven't been starving yourself."

   I nodded my head and continued to eat. After a while I had finished my food. "Man that was so gooooood~"

   "I'm glad you enjoyed it," Kazuha said as he took the plate from my lap. "Katsudon is one of my favorite dishes so I'm happy I could share it with you."

   I pulled my blanket over my shoulders. Why was it so cold?

   "I'm happy you shared it with me too."

   I just realized, for once I was genuinely happy. I didn't have to fake my smile while I was around Kazuha. Before you say Im so emo, it's the truth. I haven't been this happy for so long. Ever since Kiara passed, I haven't been doing so good mentally. I'm gland Kazuha could ease the pain.

   Before I knew it the male sat down once more. "Is something the matter?"

   "Oh no I was just deep in thought."

   "What were you thinking about?" He asked.

   "Our future I guess."

   "Our future as in our wedding? Because if that's the case I've already made the plans and whatnot."

   "I fear you."