Chapter Thirteen

"Of course you can cook with me Sayu! What do you have in mind?" I asked as I opened the pantry. 

   "I dunno... I didn't really think about it," she said with a yawn. 

   "Okay, how about some rice balls and.." I paused to think. What was something sweet that was Japanese? For some reason I didn't want to disappoint Sayu and Kazuha with American food as weird as it sounds. "Oh my god fruit sandwiches- have you ever had them before, Sayu?"

   "I don't think so."

   "Then it's decided! Rice balls and fruit sandwiches. They are kind of healthy, and kind of not. Perfect for this occasion," I beamed. 

   How long had it been since I had a proper home made fruit sandwich? Four years? That's how long I've been living on my own. I remember my father would make some of the best fruit sandwiches for my mother and I.

   "Well, let's get started!"

   ~

   After Sayu and I had finished cooking I turned on the T.V. to watch the movie. I turned on the Blu-Ray player and scanned around my bookshelf full of movies to find this one movie in particular. I grabbed it then set it down on the coffee table. 

   "I'll be right back. I need to locate Kazuha," I said to Sayu as I started to head upstairs. 

   "Okay," she responded. 

   I had made it to my room and not to my surprise, my door was closed. Deciding to be nice to Kazuha this one time, I knocked on the door. I pressed my ear to the wood and heard scurrying around my room along with a muffled "I'll be there in a moment."

   After a minute Kazuha had finally opened the door with his hair all messed up along with his face fully flushed. Kazuha was breathing heavily while he stared into my eyes with.. embarrassment? 

   "What were you doing in there?" I asked as I looked around my room. One of my dirty shirts was on my bed along with the sheets being all messed up. 

   "N-nothing at all," he stuttered. 

   "You sure about that one, chief?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. I then leaned on the doorframe. "It doesn't look like nothing to me."

   "I was just trying to recite a haiku I once wrote in honor of you, but alas I couldn't fit in the words correctly," he lied. 

   "Then explain why my dirty shirt is on my bed. And also explain how my bed sheets are all messy."

   Kazuhas face became even redder than before. 

   "Relax, I won't interrogate you any further. Now go get the onesies like I asked you to. I can tell Sayu is excited through her body language," I said with a soft smile. 

   It is kind of weird. I didn't smile as much as I did now before Kazuha and Sayu became real.

   "I already got them out, rest assured." He said with a smile. He walked into my room and grabbed the trio of onesies. He gave me mine, then pulled me into the room with him. "Come on and change with me."

   "Pardon?"

   He giggled. "You heard me, (Y/n). Change with me."

   "Kazuha we literally just met each other like this week."

   "And? What's wrong with that? We have already formed a close bond with one another so this should be nothing. Plus, we had already taken a shower together."

   He had a point, unfortunately. 

   "Fine," I grumbled as I closed the door. 

   Kazuha was quick to strip down in front of me. I never really have noticed all of his scars, have I? So many scars littered his fair skin. On his arms, his torso, his legs, everything. How the hell is this man not dead?

   "Come on, don't be shy." He said as he pulled the zipper up on his onesie. "I don't think someone as independent as you needs help with a simple task like this."

   "Oh yeah- right," I said as I turned around. I could feel Kazuha staring at me, but I decided not to say anything like 'turn around' or 'go away' because he'd bring up a good point blah blah blah you get the deal. 

   I stripped down to my under garments. I then stepped in the onesie and pulled it up. Then I put my arms in the sleeves, adjusted the piece of clothing, and pulled up the zipper. 

   "Man these things really are comfortable," I said as I turned to get Sayus onesie. 

   "Indeed they are."

   Kazuha and I wondered downstairs and went to the living room. Sayu was peacefully wrapped up in one of my many fluffy blankets. When she noticed us coming down the stairs, she turned her head and gave us a lighthearted smile. 

   "I got your onesie, Sayu," I spoke as I gave the girl her outfit. I pointed to a restroom. "You can go change in there."

   "Okay," Sayu said when she grabbed the onesie. She walked to the bathroom and closed the door, leaving Kazuha and I kind of alone again. 

   The male had glanced down at the food Sayu and I prepared. "I knew you were good in the kitchen but these look splendid," he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm truly grateful to have you."

   "Some of it was actually Sayu, actually. She knows how to cook way better than I did when I was at her age."

    Kazuha chuckled. "That's probably because she needed to learn how to cook in case she was stranded somewhere while on a mission in Inazuma."

   "Fair point."

   Sayu walked out of the bathroom with her onesie on. She plopped herself down on the couch and sat with her legs crossed. I walked over to the Blu-Ray and popped in the disc. 

   "What are we watching?" Sayu asked excitedly. 

   "My Neighbor Totoro," I responded. "I used to watch this movie a lot when I was a kid."

   I sat down right next to Sayu after I grabbed the remote and pressed the play button. Kazuha sat on my right while Sayu was on my left. Sayu leaned on my arm, and Kazuha did the same. This was going to be a nice night. 

   ~~~

a/n: now im thinking about how cute they would all be with their onesies omfg help