Chapter Seventeen

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Was the first thing I asked once the gravity of the situation hit me. "Why the hell did you drug me and then proceed to use your vision to restrain me? There was no need for this-"

I was cut off by the sound of a smack. The stinging pain of a slap was on my right cheek. My eyes widened. Kazuha slapped me.

"Don't be rude," was all Kazuha said to me.

"'Don't be rude'? You're the one that fucking tied me up like how you did with my best friend!"

Another slap, but this time it was on my left cheek. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"How do you know about that?" He snapped back. He moved himself really close to my face. I could tell he was angry. Really angry.

"Oh like I'll tell you! Last time I checked I don't owe you a damn explanation!"

Kazuha swiftly brought his left hand to my neck and stared in my eyes.

"What?! Take a picture. It'll last longer," I spoke.

Kazuha squeezed my throat. I could still breathe but it was just really uncomfortable.

"The way you're acting is most peculiar. You should be scared of me, not angry with me."

"Well gee golly gosh! It's totally not like I know you aren't going to hurt me because I'm the last thing to a friend or family you have left!"

The mans eyes widened. Now both of his hands were on my throat, squeezing extremely hard. I couldn't breathe. I guess I struck a nerve. I've never seen him like this in game or just in general.

I struggled against his anemo restraints. I tried to tug my arms out of them but they just wouldn't budge. For once I started to cry. I was kicking my legs, hoping to get Kazuha off of me, but like my restraints, I couldn't do anything.

"Pl-Please I'm sorry," I gasped. "Let go."

Kazuha only grunted as he swiped his hands off of my throat.

"Don't ever say something like that again unless you want a punishment," he said in a low voice.

Kazuha took his hair down and maintained eye contact with me. His breathing started to become uneven. I'd only assume it's because what he just did to me started to sink in. His whole body started to shake as tears welled up in his eyes.

"No no no no no I'm so sorry," he said as he came over and cupped my face. His tears landed on my sore cheeks.

"Get off of me," I said with my voice shaking. "It hurts."

"(Y/n) I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He put his forehead against mine.

"I... I hate you!" I sobbed. Why did my heart ache? Do I really care about him more than a friend?

"NO NO NO NO NO NO," Kazuha started to chant. "You can't hate me! You're all I have left."

"Go away," I muttered. I noticed the restrains got a little weaker to I managed to hit Kazuha in the stomach with my knee. "I wish you would just disappear."

"This isn't how this was supposed to go! Why won't you understand!"

"Maybe I don't want to understand at this point."

"Please don't leave me, please."

"Go away."

"Please.."

"GOD DAMNIT JUST LEAVE," I cried. Why was I getting all emotional now? This is so unlike me.

Kazuhas hands returned to my neck. The restraints tightened. I couldn't breathe or move.

"I'm only doing this because I love you."

"This is borderline obsession. This isn't love. If you loved me you wouldn't kill your old comrades and my best friend," I said while trying to keep my voice steady. It wasn't easy, but I managed.

"You don't understand-"

"Stop saying shit like this. It's getting old," I growled.

Kazuhas face started to twitch. Then he started to giggle. The giggling got louder and louder until it stopped. His face went back to a calm expression. All the tears he had shed disappeared.

He summoned his sword. It was covered in blood.

He took a few steps away from me and pointed the blade at my throat. I quickly tensed up. This escalated to quickly.

"I don't want to hurt you. Please, stop acting like this."

"Well if you don't want me to act like this then you might as well give me the blade so I can end my own life. Like hell I'll treat you with basic human decency ever again. You're a monster." I spit back.

"I'm not a monster. You just lack to realization that what I'm doing is best for you."

With that, the restraints got even tighter. I couldn't even feel my own wrists or ankles anymore.

"..."

I didn't have the energy to fight anymore, and it seems that Kazuha doesn't either.

The man sighed as he put his blade away. He made brief eye contact with me, then left the room. I heard him lock the door on his way out.

I scanned around the room to see if I could find a way out, but to my dismay, there wasn't. Kazuha had set up an anemo barrier around the room just like he had done with Leos home. I had a feeling that even if I tried to touch it I would end up wounded and Kazuha or Sayu would have to help me.

Wait, is Sayu still at school? What time is it?

I looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It was one in the afternoon, so Sayu would be on her way home in a few hours. I let out a sigh of relief but it was also a sigh of distress. What would Kazuha do with Sayu? Would she end up tied up like me or would she end up on Kazuhas kill count?

I don't want Sayu to die.

She's too young.

I don't think I would ever be the same if Kazuha killed Sayu. She's too precious.

~~~

   a/n: hey hey sorry i haven't been updating. where i live it's gonna be hurricane season soon and it's giving me horrible migraines. thank god i have a prescription bc it used to be much worse 💀

    anyways i have two thing to say and share before i post this.

   number one!

   WE GOT SOME MORE FANART OMG IM CRYINV I LOVE IT SM THANK YOU 😭

   number two

   a lot of this chapter was inspired by the voice lines in this battle from nier reincarnation. it's from the newest chapter that came out like a month ago and i dunno i get chills whenever i listen to it so i wanted to add something like this in here 😍