Chapter Twenty Nine

The girl let out a sigh as she closed the front door to her "family's" home. She readjusted her book bag, then started running as soon as she disappeared from the cameras line of sight. She did not know what she was doing, not in the slightest. She is still figuring out how this world works after all.

She let out trained breaths as she ran. This wasn't her first time "disobeying orders", nor will it be the last. Today she was "ordered" to go to school. She faked excitement to go to that place. No normal child would be happy about going there.

Her short stubby legs finally came to a halt once she saw a building. It looked like a building she would see on the television when she was granted access to watch it. She was still learning the language of this world, so the words on the sign were difficult for her to read. The child eventually was able to read it fully, "Police Station."

   She bursted open the glass doors, earning her weird and unwelcome stares. The girl took a deep breath, then headed towards the counter. She wanted to appear brave, strong, confident so that the adults will believe her.

   "Uh... Hello?" She carefully called.

   "Ah! Hello dear! What can I do for ya?" An old woman responded.

   "I would like to report a case," the girl said quietly.

   "Can you repeat that for me, sweet pea? Old Miranda here is losing her hearing!" She chuckled.

   "I would like to report a case," the girl repeated, this time a little louder.

   The old woman, Miranda, straightened her posture as she looked down at the girl. A serious look adorned her features.

   "Alright sweet pea, what happened? Did someone steal your bike or something?"

   The girl rapidly shook her head, a no. "Someone I know got kidnapped by a horrible man.."

   Miranda took out a notebook then started writing something just out of the girls like of vision. 

   "Can you tell me what you know?" Asked Miranda.

   "Yeah... My friend, (F/N) (L/N) was kidnapped. She had (H/C) hair.. Uh.. (E/C) eyes..." She rambled.

   "Anything else?"

   The girl raised her hand that rested to about where (Y/N)s height was. "She was this tall... And now she has a scar on her chest.."

Miranda opened a glass jar then plopped a hard candy into her mouth. It had a strawberry wrapper. She then started to jot down what the girl was describing.

"Alright sweet pea, how did you know that this was a kidnapping case?"

"The man he.. He's holding my friend captive in a house a few blocks away. He also was holding me captive but I managed to escape. I-" The girl tried to hold back tears.

In reality, she was scared. She was a scared little girl that had no means of defending herself now. Her sword and vision had been taken from her.

"Oh kiddo," Miranda frowned. "Can you describe the bad man for me?"

"Uh huh. He has white hair with a red streak, red eyes, pale skin... uh..."

The corner of Miranda's eyes crinkled.

"And his name?"

"Kaedehara Kazuha.."

Miranda let out a laugh.

   "I'm sorry sweet pea, you made it sound so believable in the beginning! Ain't no way that one of them video game characters became real just to kidnap someone!"