~ Chapter 8 ~ Facing The Wolf

Skarlet slowly reached for her sword, inching away from the beast before her. It growled and lunged as she leaped at her weapon. The second her hand touched it, she spun around, pointing it at the beast. She began circling it, wincing as she walked off her injuries. She had a few larger ones but mostly just a lot of small bites and scratches. She picked up her knife as she watched the wolf catch a rabbit and eat it in a couple ravenous bites. He was so damn big, Skarlet frowned as she pondered her chances. I could get stronger from this thing, I could die though, but either outcome would be ok right?

It turned its gaze to her when it finished its meal, growling menacingly, it didn't seem threatened by her sword. This beast wasn't known to her, it was not something that should normally be in this forest. It looked like a demonic wolf, however it looked like an evolved version. And there was an ominous feeling as she faced it. Demon wolves were pack hunters so the fact he was alone was weird as well. But he was so big that maybe he just ate his pack or something.

Skarlet leaped to the side as it lunged, Attempting to counter, however the King was faster. It dodged her attack and smashed it's tail into her face. Skarlet spit out blood as she tumbled to the side, barely holding onto her sword. It felt like she'd been hit with a steel pole. Her vision blurred as her ears rang, she squeezed her grip on her sword as an exhilaration began to rise up. Imma kill this damn mutt.

She stumbled to her feet as the King came at her again. She was holding up her knife as it lunged, jaws wide. She barely blocked it, sliding back a few inches. The feeling of her weapon as it creaked filled her with dread, but fear was absent as she stared at the creature before her and almost managed to match it's bloodlust. It pushed down with it's weight causing her to fall onto one knee. She heard her knife make a noise that made her think it would break. It's so strong, can I really beat this thing? She wondered, but she shook the thought away. Who cares, of I'm gonna die let's give God a good show!

She felt pain like white fire burn through her side as it swiped at her, blood soaked her black shirt as the Wolf's claws ripped through her side. She lifted her sword and swung, slicing through the Beast's fur and chest. The king roared and slammed it's paws on her shoulders. "Ayrg!" She exclaimed as it slammed into her, Shit my knife's gonna break!

Skarlet crumpled under the weight. Her knife shattered and at the last minute she rolled away, ripping herself from it's claws. She dragged herself across the dirt, leaving a trail of blood like she was some disgusting paintbrush. She pulled herself to her feet and lifted her sword. The Beast stomped it's feet angrily in response, blood dripped from it's belly.

"Didn't like that huh, damn beast!" It's yellow eyes locked onto her and it leaped. For a moment she wondered if it actually understood her. And a smile lit her lips for a moment cause it was kinda funny thinking about dying with that Dumbass remark as her last words. And only this beast would have heard them.

Skarlet dodged to the side, "Spirits of the fire, shape and come forth, Fireball!" a quick chant and a fireball scorched the side of it's face forcing it to release a pained howl. She felt satisfaction as it pawed at it's face. She leaped forward and stabbed it in the side, causing it to let out a whimper, It scrabbled at the ground, ripping itself from her sword. Spinning around, it gave her a viscous look before clawing at her, Skarlet couldn't dodge. "Fuck, stop that would ya," she winced as it tore through her leg, she brought her sword down, just barely missing as it leaped out of range. It howled as it's horn glowed, and it's wounds began to heal slowly. The beast began circling Skarlet as she panted. "H-hey, no fair. . . I-if I started healing right. . . ah fuck it."

Skarlet lifted her sword and dashed, the King slashed at her, forcing her to block as it spun around and smashed it's tail into her gut.

"Ack! F-f-fuccck." She doubled over and nearly puked, stabbing the sword into the ground. She forced herself to her feet and Blocked the coming slash of claws before following it up with another slash down the Beast's flank. It howled at her before backing up, Skarlet leaped forward and Slashed. It turned and avoided it, it seemed to be taunting her as it kept leaping in to do damage before leaping out to avoid her sword.