~ Chapter 12 ~

Skarlet's head popped off her pillow, She glanced around her ears twitching warily, it was quiet except for birds chirping, apparently the break-in had been a bigger deal to her subconscious than she'd initially thought. Her tail swayed nervously and her ears lowered in embarrassment.

She slipped from the covers and her nightclothes, she only owned a single pair, but they were nice. Silk was a very comfortable material and blue was a nice color, She slipped out of them and draped them over her chair. She quickly dressed in her new gear. Pulling on her black sleeveless shirt, She slid the pleated skirt up, in the light she noticed that it had red in between the folds. She pulled the back sheath over her shoulder and buckled the belt around her waist, her new knife sheath was connected to the back sheath which meant she didn't have to slide it on before buckling every time. It also had two small pouches on either side of the belt buckle for supplies, she kept her bandages in one, it also had a leather strip that had a metal piece at its tip that snapped into another metal piece at the base to create a loop. It was to hold her bag.

The steel chest plate fit over her shirt, resting snuggly against her chest, or lack thereof. She thought, though her size didn't really matter she couldn't even really talk to people, much less get a boyfriend. She sat on the edge of the bed and slid on her socks and boots, as well as some fingerless gloves. The collar stayed on her neck, even if it was just a ploy to get her to wear it, the idea of being able to survive a single strike to the neck was comforting. She lifted the new knife she'd received, it had a leather-wrapped handle which was stained red, and a golden handguard. The blade was sharp and had a long blood-red crystal that stretched from the handle to the tip of the blade, the actual sharpened edge rose up from the handguard on both sides and came to a stop at the crystal leaving about an inch gap. It wasn't really big enough for a sword, so she wasn't sure what the purpose of the gap was unless it was just to look cool.

She sheathed her knife and sword. She stepped up to the mirror, she sighed as she looked at her swollen cheek. Damn he hit so hard. She thought as she gave her hair a few brushes with her fingers, it didn't really help though her hair was always a bit messy. Though she couldn't help but admire her new outfit, it was the highest quality fit she'd ever had. The skirt was a bit short but that wasn't really something she cared about. Don't need to worry about someone seeing your panties while your fighting if you fight alone. The gloves and boots had red wolf fur lining them it was pretty cool, and the skirt with red in-between the folds. She gave a little spin as a small smile crept onto her face. I look pretty good huh. She struck a pose before turning away from the mirror as she blushes slightly. I'm not a kid, geez, she scolded herself lightly before stepping through her door which barely hung on its hinges. She headed for the kitchen but paused as her stomach growled. She turned and stepped into the lobby.

"Come on Maria, if you weren't awake enough to eat yourself you should have laid in bed longer." A voice spoke, it was warm, but scolding. Skarlet turned to see a white fox Lithian feeding a young girl, one who she recognized as Maria Macuroll, the Lithian wore a slave collar.

"I was hungry, and the smell was reaching all the way to our room." Maria answered.

"What about Cody, we shouldn't stray too far. . ." She trailed off, she looked worried, but Maria waved her off.

"He's too cautious, I appreciate what he's doing, but I doubt anything will happen here. I want some of the meat now please Clara" Clara looked frustrated, but grabbed a piece of the fried meat strips and plopped it into Maria's open mouth. Skarlet would have just walked past them, but there was a man getting close to the young oblivious noble girl. He was dressed in dark clothes with a hood up, he woulda looked out of place if not for the fact that many dressed like that around here.