~ Chapter 32 ~

Skarlet bolted up, she tumbled, hitting the ground. Ow! She thought as she pulled her feet beneath her. Looking around, she was in a room she didn't recognize, her memory was hazy as it came back. The dragon, the wine, oooh the wine, She held her head as a wave of pain assaulted her. And Cody, he came in at the end didn't he. She felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her as she realized the things she said to him. Suddenly she realized she wasn't alone.

"Are you ok miss Skarlet.." a young girl was standing in the doorway, she looked a bit like Maria but younger, probably a little sister.

"Yes I'm fine, who might you be?" She asked as she got to her feet, swaying slightly as she did.

"My name's Sarah. Thank you for saving my sissy." She said as she leaped forward and hugged Skarlet. Taken aback, she wasn't able to react and was forced to accept the hug.

"Umh, N-no problem." Skarlet replied, she was led by the hand out of the room and down the hall, she didn't know where the little girl was taking her. But it seemed fine, she could tell that she was in Maria's home so she wasn't in danger.

"Ah, looks like we have another member joining us. Hello Skarlet." A voice greeted her as they entered.

"H-hi?" Skarlet was now standing in a different bedroom. Pink and white were the main colors, and a table was set up in front of the bed, on it sat tea cups and a teapot. Clara and a man Skarlet didn't recognize were sitting there.

"We're having a tea party, join us please." Sarah pleaded, Skarlet sighed as she sat down. She was served tea, well, imaginary tea. Skarlet pretended to drink, as she sat with the girl who looked like a mini Maria.

"So, how was the dragon hunt?" Clara asked, there was a bit of anger in her voice, it went right over Sarah's head.

"U-umh, well, you see. It went. . ." Skarlet sighed looking down. "I thought I could kill it." She finally said, she felt the full force of guilt and embarrassment at she was forced to fully recognize that these people cared about her.

"Of course, well I'm glad you're ok. You'll have to apologize to Maria later." She spoke sternly, surprising Skarlet, the fox maid was younger then her by several years.

"A-Apologize?" Skarlet replied hesitantly, "I'll try." She looked at her tea cup, "Is Cody still here."

"Sir Cody is with Sissy in her Office." Sarah said as she poured more tea for everyone, She carried a stuffed rabbit and set it in Skarlet's lap. "Patches wants to sit in your lap." The little girl gave her a big smile that Skarlet couldn't say no to.

"Oh ok." Skarlet allowed the rabbit to be placed in her lap, I mean what else could she do faced with that smile.

"Still as timid as ever, have you met Mark?" Clara brought her attention to the man sitting beside her, he looked about twenty years old, he held his hand out to her. Skarlet shook his hand, nodded before going back to her imaginary tea.

"No hands over the table, it's bad manners." Sarah exclaimed as she saw them, she had a childish parenting voice going on, it made Skarlet smile.

"Sorry about that, Sarrah." She apologized to the little girl, Sarah hmphed as she sat back down and began to drink her tea.

"So you're Skarlet, the rising star." Mark spoke up suddenly, Skarlet looked at him.

"Quite timid, hard to believe you went from G rank to D rank in less than a month." Mark pressured her, "How'd you do it."

"I took some time to train and took some chances, fought some dangerous creatures that's all." She explained glancing away, Skarlet stood up suddenly, She set the bunny in her seat.