Extra Chapter - Illia

Unintelligible chatter filled the area, it was dark and lit only with dim candle light. Using this meager lighting, a stage was barely visible covered by a curtain. Out from that stage was a stadium of seats making this room resemble a theater of some kind. The chatter settled to quiet murmuring as the curtains pulled and a chandelier was revealed above the stage, the candles lit one by one as a man walked out. He wore a coat resembling a trench and a monocle adorned one of his blue eyes. His hair was white and neat, he seemed to be using magic to light the candles and draw the curtain.

All this was being viewed through the eyes of a young Lithian girl, her name was Lilly, no last name as she was an orphaned commoner. There wasn't a smile or anticipation in her eyes as she hid behind her hooded cloak. She wasn't seated in one of the hundreds of seats, no she was seated on a ceiling beam, one hand gripped a metal bar that attached the beam to the roof. A cross beam branched off and oversaw the stage with the chandelier strung from it.

Lilly leaned forward a she looked at the stage, a look flashed in her young eyes; greed. A younger man walked out, followed by a group of maids pushing carts. He was dressed in very flamboyant clothing, definitely a noble of some kind and the maids wore traditional black and white outfits that were tailered more on the skimpy side. On the stage was a collection of pedestals and the maids placed various items on the pedestals. Illia scanned those items as the young nobleman gave an opening speech to the crowd, she paid him no mind as he explained the rules of the auction to his guests.

Lilly found her prize, there was an item, it was a knife with magical engravings carved on it. A client was paying her to steal this item, it was apparently an artifact from an old ruin. It was covered in runes that were unknown in current magic. Not that she cared, magic wasn't something she could care about. She was inept, magic was something that rejected her.

Lilly settled against the metal strut connecting her perch to the ceiling, getting comfortable as she waited.

"Good evening everyone and welcome to this night's auction, the rules are simple. When an item is up for bid use the cards given to you to display your interests. The item is sold when it has gone three times with no competition. And finally, no fighting in the theater, however once your outside of those doors feel free to steal, or kill." The nobleman explained before stepping up to the first item.

"This my friends is a one of a kind item, a wonderfully crafted sword straight from a dwarven workshop. It's said to be the sharpest blade in the world. The bid starts at thirteen hundred gold coins."

Illia yawned, her eyes were starting to droop, she wanted to just take the item but it would be best to take it from the person who bought it. But as she watched them go through the items one by one she felt herself getting annoyed. An elven bow, a rare ingredient for elixirs found in the devil's kettle, a Lithian slave, a large magic stone of unprecedented purity, blah blah blah.

Though that slave did catch her attention, a young kitten. Around the same age as herself. She seemed frightened, though she was bought by a noble woman so she would probably be fine. The girl was black haired with green greenish blue eyes that seemed to shift between pale versions of the two colors depending on the light. She was pretty with short hair and fur. Her ears and tail betrayed her fear though.

Lilly stood up, pulling a rope from beneath her cloak, it had a hook on the end. She sighed softly as she pulled her cloak off revealing her orange hair and fur. Beautiful fox ears and a fluffy tail, but the most captivating part were her golden eyes that glowed softly in the dark. Lilly wrapped the rope around the beam and leaned back to test it's strength. Happy with it, she then pulled a second rope from the small bag now visible on her back. She wore dark colored clothes that had seen better days. As she prepared to jump she wrapped the second rope around her hand and elbow, then leaped backwards, falling like a certain spider themed hero from recent animated film.