~ Chapter 31 ~

The first thing Skarlet noticed as she rose from the depths of her darkened consciousness was the sound of crackling flames. She pulled herself up into a sitting position and rubbed her eyes and then she realized. Huh!? My arms back, she looked at it and moved it around before she looked down, My foot too, and so is my ear. She felt around her body and realized she was completely healed.

"T's lacking in mann'rs to consume anoth'r's food without paying those folk backeth prop'r. I simply hath paid thee what wast due" A feminine voice spoke behind her, Skarlet turned to look, there was a women sitting there by the fire. She had fiery red hair and horns, black tinged with grey, she was consuming a piece of meat from Skarlet's bag. Her skin was brownish covered in what faintly resembled scales, they seemed to not actually be on the surface of her skin, but beneath. She wore clothes that looked old, they were just pieces of cloth held together with loose thread. She was barely covered, but that probably wasn't how the clothes were supposed to look, they were old and worn. Skarlet's eyes however were dragged to her chest as it burst from the fabric, she snorted refusing to acknowledge her loss.

"Who are you?" Skarlet asked, confused for a moment, that's when she noticed the tail that came out from her back. It was draconic, another thought crossed her mind, Aiko where's Aiko. Her head whipped around as she scanned her surroundings, she let out a sigh as she saw her resting near the fire. Sleeping comfortably.

"Me? i'm the dragon thee so rudely didst attacketh in h'r rest. thee may not bethink so, but yond didst hurt" She snorted, her odd speech making Skarlet chuckle.

"I apologize, I didn't realize you were a warekin." Skarlet was reminded that some beasts were able to shift to human form and possessed heightened intellect. Though the church doesn't consider Warekin to be of the human races. The church's idea of human race included the elves and the dwarves only. All others were considered of the beast race, meaning Skarlet herself wasn't considered human by them.

"Warekin 'r not, yond wast still rath'r malap'rt." She opened the wine, gave it a sniff and a smile alight her face.

"Ah, hmmm, I can f'rgive some mann'r of malap'rtness. thee hath brought me such a presenteth, oh how longeth t's been since i've hadst wine." She lifted the pouch to her lips and drank. Skarlet looked around for her sword, but she didn't see it. She felt a little uneasy not having her weapon but decided to not to antagonize the dragon that had just kicked her ass.

"Mind if I have dinner with you?" Skarlet asked, suddenly very hungry, she could smell Maria's cooking and it was driving her hungry especially after the fight.

"Wherefore not, food is only madeth bett'r with company to shareth in the meal. Besides th're beest plenty h're." She offered Skarlet a drink from the wine, and Skarlet took it. The dragon also handed her some meat and bread.

"My name's Skarlet." She offered trying to reconcile if only slightly.

"Names? ah right, names. Mine own nameth is Beatrice, t's wond'rful to meeteth thee Skarlet." Beatrice replied, a smile on her face, her smile revealed sharp carnivorous teeth.

Skarlet began to eat. "For a dragon, you don't really give off a noble air or humbleness." Skarlet said suddenly causing Beatrice to snort.

"Well, unlike those dusty old dragons, in their hundreds of years. Their haughty speech and self-imp'rtant attitudes. Those gents're the ones legends art toldeth of, but those gents're just dusty men, I'm young so wherefore wouldst i speaketh liketh an old man?" She took another swig of the wine, she had no true manners or etiquette really.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Skarlet took a bite from the bread, she glanced behind her, the exit had caved in. "As much as I'd love to stay, I don't have the food to last, and we're kinda trapped."