16) Apologies... and Forgiveness...

Raven's POV

I got to the kitchen, poured water in the kettle, and placed it on the stove.

I stared out the window.

All I could think about was Beastboy yelling at me. I hadn't seen him lose his cool with me in a long time. It wasn't like him. He must not be getting much sleep.

I heard footsteps and sensed a presence. Beastboy.

He walked into the kitchen yawning with his eyes closed. He scratched his head and that's when he saw me.

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were in here. I'll go," he said with a frown.

I felt so bad.

"No! Don't worry about it. Seriously. I'd like some company," I responded.

He smiled back.

I then realized he was shirtless. I did my best to keep my eyes up and not stare at him, though he definitely saw me staring. He laughed quietly to himself.

As an empath, I can sense people's emotions, especially through touch.

I ran up and hugged him tightly.

He was very surprised and it took him a second to hug back, but when he finally did, he hugged me back tightly.

I felt the shock and fear coming off of him at first, but then all I could sense was warmness, comfort, and most of all, love.

I just wanted to bask in it.

There was no anger or resentment left in my heart. All I felt was love circling between us.

"Beastboy?"

"Yes?"

"I-"

I was cut off by the kettle whistling.

I reluctantly left his embrace and smiled at him before returning to the kettle to pour the water into my mug.

He walked over to the cabinet to get some vegan snacks.

I let the tea sit in my mug. I set a timer.

"Hey Rae... I mean Raven?"

"What's up? And by the way, it's Rae, not Raven," I responded with a wink.

"Ok," he said with a big smile.

"Rae, will you come sit on the couch with me? There's something I want to say,"

"Sure," I answered.

We walked over and sat on the couch.

"I... I just wanted to apologize for how I treated you. It wasn't right. I was super mean and you didn't deserve it at all. It's not an excuse, but I've just been so tired. I haven't slept much in days. Ever since you... got hurt,"

"You mean after Terra tried to kill me twice?"

His eyes went wide.

"How did you know that?"

"The phone was literally turned up all the way when you guys were talking with Terra," I replied.

"Oh... Well I promise we weren't trying to hide it from you. We just didn't want to stress you out this first week," he said nervously.

"I know. You were just doing what was best for me. And I appreciate that," I responded with a smile.

He smiled back.

"Now what were you going to say before you got cut off by the kettle?"

"Oh. I just just going to tell you... that I... um... forgive you! I didn't want you to think that I am still mad at you. Seeing you sad broke my heart."