19) the truth... and no lies...

This is the second to last chapter!! Eeeeek!🤭

Beastboy's POV

I hadn't slept in like 2 days. I laid awake thinking about the kiss that happened the other night. It was amazing. Like nothing I've ever felt before. Not even with Terra and our first kiss.

I wanted nothing more than to feel her soft lips on mine again. For our bodies to connect. To feel the love surrounding us. To feel that feeling of serenity.

But was it even real? Did it even happen? I was so snapped out of reality that I don't even know... no. Something happened. It had to. How else would I have turned back to normal so fast?

I sat up quickly in realization.

"Oh my gosh. Raven kissed me... RAVEN KISSED ME!" I whisper screamed to myself.

I heard a knock at the door.

Raven!

I happily walked over the door and opened it.

Instead, Robin was in the doorway.

"It's midnight. 2 days left," he said.

I shoved him out of my way.

"You know what? I'm going to go tell her. I'm getting this over with," I told him.

He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"You got this dude."

I smiled back.

"Thanks."

I felt so confident, but when I got to Raven's door I just stopped. I couldn't move. I slowly moved my hand up to knock on the door, but it just hovered there.

Suddenly the door opened.

Raven had sensed me.

"Can I help you Garfield?" She asked.

"Oh. Uh yah! Can I uh... can I come in and talk to you? It's kinda something serious," I said while I scratched the back of my neck.

She seemed worried, but she tried to hide it. And she hid it well. Except for one small detail... her heartbeat. My animal senses picked up the strong fast pace of her heart pounding.

"You can come sit on my bed with me," she said.

I sat down.

I decided to just go for it.

"Raven I'm in love with you."

"Beastboy I-"

I sighed.

"Just wait. There's more."

She nodded.

"I haven't been so honest with you. You see, when you were in the hospital, they woke you up. For 24 hours. And for a while, we were together. Alone. And we kinda confessed that we like each other and we were really close. We slept in the same bed and everything. And then you told me that you loved me. I wanted to say it back so so bad, but I wanted to wait until you'd remember so it would be special. And honestly, I didn't believe it all. You were on special medicine and your powers were gone and... I don't know. It was all a lot. And then before you had to go back into your coma you made me promise that I would confess my feelings within 7 days of you being home. I was going to tell you but then I had this dream that you rejected me and then I was scared and then I-"

I was cut off by Raven kissing my cheek warmly.

"I know," she said as she hugged me.

"You... you know?"

She nodded her head.

"B-but how? The doctor said there was no chance that you'd remember!"

"Well I don't think Dr. Jamie has ever had a patient that's half demon," Raven said with a laugh.

"Hey Rae?"

"Mhm?"

"When you kissed me the other day it wasn't just to calm me down... was it?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Nope," she whispered as she took a step forward.

She looked me in the eyes and then down at my lips before returning her gaze back to mine.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her in. Her arms went around my neck.

I heard the sound of the door lock. She smirked.

"I sensed Robin coming and I am NOT letting him ruin this moment."

I laughed.

"I love you Raven."

"I love you too Garfield."

I brought my lips down to hers and they touched softly. They remained together for a few seconds. When we pulled apart, she smiled brightly and giggled.

My heart warmed.

"I was wondering how long it would take you," she said.

"Well was I worth the wait?" I asked.

"Definitely."

She grabbed my neck to press our lips together again. This time I picked her up and her legs wrapped around my waist. I pushed her against the wall. Our kiss intensified as heat flushed through my body. After a few moments, I carried her over to the bed and laid her down and crawled on top of her.

I hugged her tightly and kissed her neck.

"You are the most beautiful and perfect girl I've ever met," I whispered into her ear.

She gripped onto me tighter.

"I'm tired. Will you sleep with me?" She asked.

"Of course," I responded as I kissed her again.

We both got under the covers and I pulled her close. We shared our warmth and it was intoxicating.

"Raven?"

"Yes Gar?"

"Can I have one more kiss please?"

She nodded.

She ran her fingers through my hair and kissed me meaningfully with so much love.

I wrapped her in my arms and she rested her head on my chest.

"Goodnight Gar."

"Goodnight Rae."