Fear... and Fights... part 2

*Later That Night- 11:30 pm*

Raven was lying on her bed. She stared up at the ceiling. Sometimes, she felt like beastboy TRIES to make her mad, which made her furious. Yet, for some reason, no matter what he did, she still felt butterflies in her stomach when they would touch or when he smiles sweetly at her. There was no way that she felt anything... special towards Beastboy... right?

She thought about earlier when she grabbed him. The way her stomach dropped when she touched him, the way her heart skipped a beat when he smiled at her...

She shook her head to clear her thoughts. She couldn't let herself think like that. Even if she did, it's not like he would feel the same way. He hates her... right?

Beastboy was lying on his bed. He stared up at the ceiling. His thoughts swarmed around in his mind. He was beating himself up mentally for what he did to Raven. Why does he always have to make fun of HER? He felt embarrassed and like a total bully.

Then, he remembered Raven grabbing onto him while the movie was playing. She looked so gorgeous. And his heart skipped a beat... But there's no way that he feels anything special towards Raven... right?

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. He couldn't let himself think like that. Even if he did like her, it's not like she would feel the same way. She hates him... right?

*12:45 am*

Beastboy thought about the girl in the movie. He didn't know what he would do if Raven got killed like the woman in the film did. He felt broken and was unexplainably anxious thinking about it.

He knew it was irrational, but he was worried about her. He wanted to see her. Make sure she's ok. It couldn't hurt just to check... right?

He got up off of his bed and walked down the hallway. He stopped in front of Raven's room and put his ear to the door.

He couldn't hear anything. After thinking about it for a minute or two, he decided to knock on her door. No response. He knocked again. Nothing. He started to panic. He reminded himself that it was only just a movie and that she was probably just sleeping.

He considered changing into a fly and crawling under the door, but he knew that that was creepy and unnecessary. He was being irrational. And plus- Raven can take care of herself. That's for sure. She's the most powerful Titan and probably the most powerful person on earth. Beastboy decided to go to the kitchen to get another snack to bring back to his room. Maybe that would help his nervous stomach ache.

Food always makes things better.

He yawned and walked into the kitchen. As soon as he walked in, he turned and saw Raven. He was so relieved and so happy.

"Oh. Hey Raven." He said with a smile.

He jump-scared her slightly, and she almost dropped her mug full of tea.

"Hi." She replied softly as she turned around.

Once she turned, she noticed that Beastboy's shirt was off. Her stomach turned upside down.

Oh no. She thought. Maybe she actually DOES feel something towards Beastboy.

Raven quickly recovered and kept her eyes glued to his eyes, trying her best not to let her eyes wander back down.

Beastboy could've sworn that he saw her look down at his chest but shook off the thought.

She hates him.

"What are you doing up and in the kitchen this late at night?" Beastboy asked her.

"I could ask the same thing about you," she replied.

He chuckled softly, which made Raven's stomach flutter and her heartbeat fast.

"I... uh... sorta couldn't sleep and got hungry, so I came in to get a snack," Beastboy answered.

Raven raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why? Because you're scared of the movie?" She asked while smirking.

"Well, kinda." He admitted.

"What do you mean? What scared you?" Raven responded in a softer and less taunting voice.

"You wouldn't really understand," he told her.

"Try me," she said.

"Well... uh... I don't know. I guess it just kind of was hard to watch... the girl kinda looked a lot like you. It was just kinda weird." He said while he looked down at his fidgeting hands.

Raven thought for a second. What does he mean? Could it mean... That's when she remembered what he did after the movie.

"Why do you always make fun of me, Beastboy?" She asked bluntly.

The question really caught him off guard.

"I... uh... I don't really know...."

She cut him off.

"Is it because you don't like me?"

She didn't mean to ask that, but it happened. And she wasn't sure if she was ready for the answer.

"No! Of course not! Raven, you're like my be-"

He stopped talking. He was too nervous to continue. What if she didn't feel the same way?

"Your what?" She questioned

"I uh... I don't really know. Never mind." He said softly.

"It's not a hard question, Beastboy. Why do you make fun of me?" She asked again, getting more impatient.

"I guess... uh... you're just easy to make fun of... I guess," he lied.

*Beastboy's Thoughts*

I internally cringed. REALLY? I thought. EASY TO MAKE FUN OF? What have I done? Look at the hurt on her face! The way she is trying to hide it! This is why she hates me so much. I'm a jerk. I guess it's for the better. I don't deserve her friendship.

*Raven's thoughts*

I knew it. He doesn't like me. But yet it still stung. I guess maybe I still had a little hope? He didn't even want to say that we are friends. I guess that's fair, though. I know that I'm just a creepy half-demon who doesn't belong here. It was stupid to think that he wanted to be my friend, let alone something more.

*Author POV*

Trying her best not to show her hurt, Raven put up her hood. She turned around and started to walk away. She stopped.

"Goodnight, Beastboy." She said quietly before she continued to walk to her room.

He looked back up from his hands to say goodnight too, but she was already gone.

Beastboy dragged himself back to his room. He felt even more awful than before.

Overwhelming guilt covered his brain. He knew that he was going to have a hard time falling asleep tonight.