10) Promises...and Goodbyes...💔

*Raven's POV*

I opened my eyes and scanned my surroundings. I was in the hospital. I looked down.

Beastboy was still sleeping, but his arms were still wrapped around me. I smiled. He looked so cute.

I looked at the clock.

10 am.

I had never slept in this late before. I guess my brain's clock had gotten messed up from the coma.

Ugh. The coma.

2 more hours.

I sat up, waking up Beastboy. He yawned and stretched before saying good morning.

"Good morning," I said looking down.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I pointed to the clock.

I already had tears in my eyes.

He kissed me on the forehead and pulled me in tight. His hugs made me forget about all of the bad things in the world and in my life. They made me feel whole. I needed them. I didn't want to forget them. We sat there with each other for about an hour, but it felt like 5 minutes. I eventually spoke up.

"Beastboy?" I said.

"What's up?" He asked in response.

"I need you to promise me something."

"Anything for you, Rae," He told me with a cute smile.

Robin started to walk into the room, but Beastboy and Raven didn't notice.

"When I wake up, I won't remember any of this. I won't remember these moments with you. I won't remember the feeling of love. And I can't stand that. Once I an released from the hospital, I need you to tell me how you feel. I need to be with you again." I told him.

"But what if you don't feel the same once you go back to being you? You don't seem to like me. You are always so standoffish and monotone... in the best way of course," he replied.

"Even on the worst days of our relationship I was still in love with you. I promise I won't reject you. Once I wake up and I get released, you have 1 week to tell me how you feel."

"Ok." he responded nervously.

"Do you PROMISE?" I asked.

He reluctantly nodded his head.

Then there was a knock on the side of the door. Robin was in the doorway.

I got up slowly and walked over to hug him.

"You're walking already? That's amazing!" He told me.

I smiled proudly.

*Author's POV*

Then, the rest of the team walked in. They all talked and hung out with each other. Time seemed to fly by. Then it was 12 pm. Doctor Jamie walked in.

All of their hearts dropped. It was time to say goodbye again.

*Raven's POV*

I tried to hold back tears but it was no use. Tears started streaming down my face. My body began to shake.

I don't want to go back into a coma.

I don't want to get that close to death again.

I don't want to forget this past day.

I don't want to lose... him.

Beastboy grabbed my hand and held it tight. I appreciated the gesture. It made me feel somewhat better.

The doctor put an IV into my arm. I looked up at my teammates. They were all smiling, but I could that they were all hiding tears.

"It's ok." I told them.

"I'll hold on." I added with a smile.

Doctor Jamie asked if I was ready. I wiped away the tears and slowly nodded my head.

I looked up at all of my teammates. My family. My everything. I smiled once more.

Then everything went dark.