3) Wishing... and Waiting...

There they were. Running through the halls of the hospital. Everything was happening so fast. It was all a blur. Raven was still unconscious and being pushed on her stretcher, with doctors and nurses running alongside. They were yelling things at each other, but Cyborg and Beastboy couldn't make out their words. Beastboy looked down at Raven as a tear slid down his check.

*Beastboy's thoughts*

This could be it. I could be losing my best friend. And I never even told her that she was my best friend. I would give anything to see that smile. To hear her voice. To feel her touch. I was such a jerk. She didn't deserve the mean things I said. Calling her creepy and making fun of her amazing powers. No wonder she hates me. I'm such a bully to her. And I may never get to apologize. Man I wish. I wish she would just wake up now and things would be ok. I wish I could hug her now even if she wouldn't want to. I wish I could tell her how I feel. I would look at her and tell her...
"I lo-"

Beastboy's thoughts were interrupted by Cyborg, who had nudged him.

"Did you hear me?" Cyborg asked.

"No dude. I'm sorry. What did you say?" BB asked.

"It's cool dude. I just wanted to make sure you're ok.

"Ya I'm fine."

"Well you don't look so fine Beastboy. And you don't have to be fine. It's ok to be upset. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that."

"Ya I know..." Beastboy said with his head down.

He was trying not to show his tears, but Cyborg had already noticed. And he didn't care at all. He had tears of his own that were trying not to fall.

They approached two metal doors, and the doctors scanned their tags to open the doors, and then pushing Raven in front. One nurse stopped and put his hand out in front of the boys.

"Sorry, but it's medical personal only passed this point. You'll have to wait in the waiting room over there." The nurse pointed to a small room with a few chairs and a tv.

"If you guys are hungry, there's a vending machine to the left." She added

"When are we going to know what's happening?" Beastboy asked with fear in his tone.

"I'm not sure, but she is in good hands. We will update you as soon as possible." The nurse replied before turning around and jogging back to the door.

Cyborg and Beastboy looked at each other. The tear stains were still obvious on their faces. Time was about to go from very fast to very slow.

*Meanwhile*

Robin paced back and forth outside the door as Starfire was getting her scans done. They were looking to see if any scrap metal was still left in her leg, and how bad the break was. Suddenly, the door opened, and a doctor came out. A nurse was behind her pushing Starfire on a stretcher. The doctor motioned for Robin to follow them. The doctor then looked at the nurse and pointed at a room. The nurse nodded and started to wheel Starfire there.

"I will be back shortly after I go over the scan results." The doctor told them.

The nurse got Starfire situated and then hooked up a new IV. She winced in pain each time her leg moved. The nurse asked her if she wanted pain medication, and Star nodded her head in response. The nurse exited the room to get the medicine, leaving just star and Robin in the room alone. Robin looked over at Star with tears in his eyes. She was in so much pain.

"I'm so sorry, Star," He told her.

He took her hand in his and kissed her forehead. She smiled sweetly.