4) Risk... and Hope...

Beastboy walked up the front desk. He was desperate for information about Raven's health.

"Uhm, hi..." Beastboy said in a sad tone.

"My friend is in surgery, and she's been back for 2 hours. I was wondering if you know anyth-"

He was cut off by the lady's response.

"I'm sorry, but I don't get updated about that stuff. However, I know that they will come out and update you as soon as you can. I hope your friend has a quick recovery." She said with a smile.

"Oh, ok. Well, thank you anyway," Beastboy responded.

He moped back to the waiting room and slumped down in the chair.

"Soooo... what was the news?" Cyborg asked.

"They didn't know anything. Just like I thought." Beastboy hung his head down.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm sure she will be just fine. She's Raven. She's like the toughest girl ever." Cyborg said, trying to reassure Beastboy.

"Man, I just wish I wouldn't have fought with her and called her names. I wish I would've spent more time with her. I wish I would've been nicer. Maybe then she'd like me. But she hates me. And if she's gone, I have to live with that for the rest of my life."

Beastboy's voice was cracky and broken. He was so numb that he wasn't even crying anymore. Just numb.

Cyborg placed his hand on BB's shoulder.

"She doesn't hate you, Beastboy," Cyborg said.

"Yes. She does." Beastboy said sadly.

Cyborg was about to say something when the doors opened.

A doctor walked out. The boys stood up.

"Hi! I'm doctor Jamie" the woman said.

"Cyborg. Nice to meet you." Cyborg shook her hand.

"I'm Beastboy." Bb said as he shook her hand.

"I'm a doctor that specializes in patients with superpowers. I am well aware of Raven's powers and how they work. She is amazingly strong. However, I have some good news and some bad news."

The boys tensed up.

"The good news is that Raven made it through the surgery very well. We were able to get the swelling in her head down and control the bleeding. We closed the puncture wound. It will take a little bit of time to heal, but it's looking good." Dr. Jaime told them.

The boys were beyond relieved.

"Well, that's ok. Raven has healing powers. When she wakes up, she will just start fixing it, and we can go home!" Beastboy said with excitement.

Doctor Jamie had a bad look on her face.

"About that..." Dr. Jamie started.

"That's where the bad news comes in. Raven has amazing healing powers. It's amazing how strong she is and how fast and well she can heal. However, there is a lot wrong with her, and it's very severe. If something even little goes wrong, it could be fatal." Doctor Jamie told them.

"So what do you mean? Raven can't heal herself?" Beastboy questioned.

"Well, the issue is that there is a limit to what her powers can do. She can't heal all of her injuries. And if she did fix some of them, it might turn out wrong. Therefore we cannot let her use her powers to heal herself. Unfortunately, her power heals her automatically. This means that after she comes off of her sedative from the surgery, she will start healing herself."