Jason Todd x reader

BACKGROUND: The reader was Jasons best friend and partner and was kidnapped with Jason and forced to watch the Joker beat him to death.

SUMMERY: After having to watch your best friend and partner beaten to a bloody pulp by a psyco clown and blown up, not being able to do anything to save him the reader gets shoved out a window, just before the explision, before the explosion and then saved by Batman and returned to the batcave. He continues to work with Batman and Nightwing and helps to. train Tim to be the new Robin so that he would not end up the same way Jason did.

WARNING: characters may be slightly ooc. Sory.
Oh yea and ------ means line break.
Also I'm really sorry this took so long I've been ridiculously busy lately

--------------------------------------------

I am Sparrow a.k.a Y/N L/N. I am one of Batmans allies. I used to be the partner, love interest and best friend to the second Robin a.k.a Jason Todd. However that all changed when we were kidnapped by the Joker while we were on patrol one night. He forced me to watch him beat my best friend to a bloody pulp. Batman was able to save me, because Jay shoved me out a window,but Jason wasn't as lucky.
I still blame myself.

--------------------------------------------

It's been about a year since I was forced to watch Joker brutally beat my best friend and partner Jason Todd to death. In this time Batman a.k.a Bruce Wayne has taken on another Robin by the name of Tim Drake.

At first I was really upset about the fact that Bruce had taken on anotheer Robin as I saw it as him replacing Jason and I knew Jason would see it like that as well. After a while though I realised that Robin grounds Batman in some weird way.

I had noticed that after every Robin that he lost, Dick having quit as the first one and Jason having.....died, that the Bat became more brutal. Having a Robin by his side made him more mellow in a way.

So I made a decision that even thogh I wasn't his partner and I now worked mostly alone much like Dick, now Nightwing, does, that I would help train the new little bird so that the chance of him ending up like Jason would be slimmer.

--------------------------------------------

We had formed a bond in the past couple months, a bond much like Dick and I had. Tim was like a brother to me and all the bad guys in Gothem knew by now that I was very protective of my siblings wether it be the older one or the younger one.

Anyway there's this new guy that appeared in Gothem a few months ago. He really likes annoying Batman. He's an anti hero named Red hood. He seems so fimiliar in a way but I can't figure out why. He seems so angry though, and under all that anger I can tell that he is hurting, broken in a way.

Don't ask me how I can tell, I just can.

--------------------------------------------

I was on patrol with Batman and his  birds. I was standing on a random rooftop listening to Batgirl and Nightwing bicker about something through the earpiece in my ear, I swear those two bicker like an old married couple, when I heard an almost silent thud behind me. I didn't think anything about it as the only ones who could do that so silatlntly were the Dark Knight himself and his birds.

I did however spin around when there was a soft but deep chuckle from behind me.

"Redhood." I breathed. I know I should have been scared but for some reason I felt safe in in his presance.

"Hello little birdie." He said. This guy was so rediculously familiar.

"What can I do for ya Hoodie?" I asked calmly.

"I needed to talk to you alone." He said his voice seeming to warm slightly, and slightly nervous. I wonder why 'cause I know he isn't scared of me. I mean seriously this guy is built like a truck and and despite my hight and muscle he could take me and he knew it. He could seriously hurt me if he wanted to.

"Well then talk, you have my full attention dear Hoodie." I said removing the earpiece for a while, and acting like I wasn't freaking out a bit.

He removed the helmet leaving him in just a red mask that looked like the ones we birds wore.

My eyes widened and filled with tears under my own mask as I recognized the face under that rmask, granted slightly older but still the same.
"J-Jason." I wispered weakly.
"Hi handsome." He said softly.
"H-how?" My voice was weak and barely audable as I spoke to the boy I loved, the boy I thought was dead.

"Ras Al Ghul and his Lazarus pit."( SPELLING??)

I nodded weakly and stared at him for a minute. Suddenly I lunged at him and threw my arms around his neck hugging him tightly, nuzzeling my face into his neck as he held me just as tightly.

"I missed you so much." I sobbed softly into his chest.
"I missed you too my love." He said quietly.

We stood and chatted on that rooftop for a while, catching up, when  sudenly I heard a slight beep. I looked down at the earpiece that I had put in one of the pouches in my utility belt and put it back in my ear and answered it.

"Whats up Blue Bird?" I asked as I knew it was Dick who wanted me.

"Bruce wanted me to let you know that Redhood has been spotted in that area of Gothem." He informed me and I could hear the concern in his voice.

I loked at Jason with an amused smile on my face.

"Yea no kidding." I muttered. Jay smirked.

"What was that n/n?" Dick asked.

"Nothing, nothing, I'm almost done anyway. See ya in a bit Blue Bird." I said.

"Alright, please be careful." He said.

Jason looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked softly. He just smiled at me.

"So what now?" He asked me. I looked at him and smiled.

"I don't supose you want to go back to the Batcave to speak to Bruce, huh." I asked with a soft sigh.

"Not particularly, no." He sighed and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Jaybird I'm not gonna force you to do something that you don't want to do, but I really think you should at least talk to him. Talk this out with him. It might make you feel a little better if you hear his side of the story. You know how he is, he might not show it very often but he realy does care about us kids." I said hoping that he would agree to come with me to the Cave.

"I don't know Babe. He never really cared for me much, I mean look how fast he replaced me." He said almost sadly.

"Don't be rediculous Jay. He loves you. He just doesn't show it that often. And he only replaced you because 1) Tim offered (*cough* demanded *cough*) because he saw how brutal Bruce became and 2) Batman needs a Robin for that exact reason, and besides Tim isn't your replacement and nobody thinks he is." I said.

"Fine." He sighed.

I smiled happily and pulled him along behind me as I took off towards the Batcave.