Thunder

Y/N P.O.V.

Jason was 'the tough boyfriend' out of the two of us. He wasn't scared to get into a fight, and he wasn't afraid to put someone in their place if they even thought about me in a bad way.

Then again; I never expected Jason to go completely silent and press his face into my neck at the first clap of thunder outside from the storm that had rolled in without either of us realizing it.

"What's wrong? I asked, not sure what to do, having never seen Jason like this ever before, "Are you feeling alright, Jay?"

"M'fine," Jason mumbled, pressing closer to me, a slight shiver wracking his body even as he spoke, "Just wanna be close to you is all."

"That's BS and we both know it. You never cuddle unless we're in the bedroom. What's wrong, Jason?"

"Nothin', stop ask- "

Thunder rolled outside yet again, Jason letting out a small whine, trying to ignore the tears that threatened to make an appearance from how scared the storm was making him despite knowing it couldn't actually hurt him.

"Are you... are you afraid of thunderstorms?" I asked, shocked at such a revelation, hearing a huff of denial despite how tightly Jason was clinging to him, "Jay, are you- "

"So what if I am, alright?!" Jason pushed out through grit teeth, shaking his head, "If you fuckin' tell anyone, I will not hesitate to seal your mouth shut with superglue."

I said nothing, instead I pulled Jason closer to my side, reached over and grabed the throw blanket on the couch and pulled it over the two of us, Jason pulling away just far enough to look up at me as I did.

"I'll stay right here with you until the storm passes," i promised, keeping my arm tightly around him, "You don't have to be afraid while I'm here, Jay."

Jason said nothing, instead pressing his face back against my neck, sighing softly as he felt himself calm down in the comfort of my embrace.

And even if the thunder rolled more times after that, he didn't feel afraid in the comfort and protection of me holding him.