Late Night

The tv hummed softly, playing whatever movie had been recommended after the last. It was late; maybe just hitting midnight. And, for two adults with busy days, and nights, two in the morning was late.

Dick was almost conked out. Almost.

"mm... the fuck jus' happened?" he slurred, vaguely pointing a crooked finger at the tv.

You only realized then that you had been staring down at Dick, and not paying attention to the movie. He was stretched out across your lap shirtless, on his stomach so you could gently scratch blunt nails over his back. You cast a quick glance up to see the two protagonists running from a pack of comically large wolves.

" I think they crossed the river and those wolves were waiting." You hummed softly, stroking a gentle hand through Dick's recently-shortened hair.

"Dumb wolves. Bitches." Your boyfriend snickered, half out of his mind with exhaustion.

You weren't much interested in the movie, feeling tired yourself, "Love, should we go to bed?"

"Yes." Dick grunted quickly, hauling himself up and tripping to the stairs.

With a small smile, you shut the tv off. Ace stayed downstairs with you. As you tidied up, stacking cups and snack bowls, Dick was undoubtedly already in bed and passed out.

You, eventually, made your way upstairs. lights were shut off as you went, candles were blown out. Ace stayed loyal by your side, making you stumble once or twice when he got in your way.

Dick was completely out when you got to the bedroom. Snoring and all.

Slowly, quietly, you joined your lover in bed, snuggling up to him once you were tucked under the thick comforter. Dick, unbelievably, woke long enough to pull you close and mumble a short, slurred 'love you'.

"I love you too." you yawned softly.