The Southern Water Tribe

You were dangling your hands down in the water as everyone else just chilled around. Katara crawled over to Aang.

"Hey" 

"Watcha thinking about?" Aang asks, already giving her undivided attention.

"I guess, I was wondering, since you being an air bender and all, if you had any idea what happened to the Avatar?" She asked.

My head snapped, but Sokka was too busy staring at the sky to notice. Aang looked to me for a spilt second and I shook my head and waved my hand in a chopping sideways motion over my neck.

"I didn't know him, I mean, I knew people that knew him, but I've never met him" Aang says, seeming to hide it well.

"Oh ok, I was just asking" Katara goes back to her spot, while you wiggle your fingers and hand in the water.

While Appa showed us the way to a nearby water tribe, Aang fell into a deep slumber. You used air bending to move him to another area so he could see. Katara lead you over to a small tent he could rest in.

"Gran gran!" I heard Katara yell. 

I pushed one of the curtains away and walked out of the tent. Katara was leading an old lady over to me. Sokka following with a group of young boys not far behind.

"Gran gran, this is y/n." Katara says, introducing me to the woman. "I'll go get Aang!"

Katara then walked into the tent and woke up Aang. While she was doing that, the rest of the people living around here walked up to me. You fiddled with your hands since you didn't know what to do.

Aang and Katara came out. Aang was still as happy as ever.

"Aang, y/n this is our entire village, entire village met Aang and y/n" Katara said.

There wasn't a lot of people who lived here. Aang and I bowed, but some mother pulled their children closer to them. Were they scared of us?

"Why are they looking at us like that?" Aang asks. "Did Appa sneeze on me?"

"Did we do something wrong?" I ask.

"No one has seen an air bender in a hundred years" The one Katara called Gran gran said, stepping out of the crowd. "We all thought they were extinct until my grandson and granddaughter found you two"

"Extinct?" Me and Aang said at the same time. We were both shocked.

Surely someone must have come over to some nation. I went to earth kingdom with Aang only two months ago. And I visited the fire nation yesterday. God, they have good food.

"This is my grandmother" Katara says, ignore the fact we don't know the air nomads are no longer extinct. 

"Call me Gran gran" The woman said.

Sokka then walked to were mine and Aang's gliders were. He took them in his hands and walked back over to us.

"What are these weapons? You can't stab anyone with this" He pouts.

"it's not for stabbing" I roll my eyes.

"its for air bending" Aang's eyes gleamed as he took his glider back and then took mine and handed it to me.

Aang then ended up flying around in his glider to prove his point to Sokka that he could 'fly'. I let out a simple one 'ha!' when he flew straight into the random snow tower. Sokka freaked out and ran to Aang...no, he ran to the tower. Me and Katara went to Aang.

While Sokka was mourning his tower a huge chunk of it flew down on him.

"Should've been quicker than that"