Chapter 4 - Smeared Makeup Kiss

Zack lay in bed the next morning, smiling at the ceiling. Since when had he felt this happy about a girl being interested in him? Well, he was pretty sure that she was. Why would she blush so furiously if she wasn't? He grinned to himself as he heard a knock on his door and saw Cody walk in, dressed in his work outfit of white shirt with a blue and green strip on the front, and white pants. He came up to Zack's bed.

"You're still in bed? It's already 9:15. We have to be on the Sky Deck by 9:30."

"It's Sunday. You're lucky I didn't sleep walk onto the Sky Deck."

Cody chuckled. "You've slept walked before, and let me tell ya, that wasn't pretty. You remember Zombie Mom, don't you?" He eyed his twin. "What's with the smile?"

"Two words—study buddy."

"Oh..." Cody enthused, understanding. "You're little study date with London went well yesterday?"

"It wasn't a study date," he countered, then paused, and grinned again. "Actually, it was, wasn't it?"

Cody's looked turned sly. "What happened, other than studying?"

Zack stared back at the ceiling, remembering London's blushing face. "I discovered something."

"What?"

"London's so into me." Cody snorted, and Zack gave his brother a look. "Hey, I'm serious. She was blushing most of the time she was with me, especially when we were in close proximity."

"Okay, one, I'm pretty impressed that you used the word 'proximity,' and that you were that close to her to begin with; and two, London wears a lot of makeup."

Zack sat up and creased his brows at his brother. "Her face turned totally pink—I saw it." He smirked. "I knew I had that effect on the ladies." He popped his lime-green work polo collar.

"Not London. Don't get your hopes up. She still thinks the both of us are annoying kids, and she still gets us mixed up."

"Hey, you don't know what she's thinking. She was totally nervous around me."

"Think what you want, Zack. London will only think that way about you if you suddenly become the heir to some milti-million dollar corporation, and magically grow five inches. Plus, weren't you freaking out that you have feelings for her in the first place? Why are you trying to convince yourself that she has feelings for you, too?"

"I'm not trying to convince myself," he said and lay back down on his pillow and folded his arms behind his head, content and sure. "I know that she does."

"Whatever you say, Zack." He went to the door. "Now let's go. We have to be on the Sky Deck in ten minutes."

"You go first. I'll stay here for a few more minutes."

"London might already be up there, you know. It's her favorite hang-out spot."

Zack paused and stared at his brother for a moment. Having London see him and prove his point would be awesome. "Fine. Give me a minute."

Cody stood near the door as Zack got up and spritzed himself with the cologne that took him thirty minutes to find the night before. It was under a week-old piece of pepperoni pizza on a paper plate. Cody coughed, waving the air because of the cologne. "Hey, is that my cologne that Bailey bought for me that went missing three weeks ago?"

"Maybe."

Cody snatched the bottle back and put it in his slacks pocket. "Let's go."

The two boys left the room, Zack smiling to himself.