Chapter 15 - Reunited Once Again

Did this woman's bags have bricks in them or something? It was as if they weighed a ton each. Zack wheezed as he lifted them onto the baggage cart, and the middle-aged lady just stood there next to him looking at something on her phone. He huffed. It irritated him that bell boys were pretty much pack mules in hotels. They were treated as such, too.

"Well, go on," the woman told him and Zack frowned. He wheeled the cart on, and she followed. Would she follow him the whole way to the twentieth floor?

As Zack waited at the elevators, he looked around the lobby at the guests and employees bustling about. He and Cody had so much fun wreaking havoc down that ramp, around the front desk, and drove Mr. Moseby crazy while doing so. Those were good times. He missed them, but not as much as he missed the SS Tipton... and London Tipton. When would he ever see her again? Probably never, if Mr. Tipton had anything to do with it. What would the man do when he found out what London was up to? When would she show up anyway? He intensely anticipated her arrival. Cody only called him that morning, so she had a long way to go. It was around 8:30pm.

The elevator doors dinged and then opened. Zack stepped in and noticed in the sliver of space before the doors closed a girl dressed in country clothes and hat walking into the lobby with a hot blonde girl. Zack stared at the blonde girl but wasn't able to for long before the doors closed and the elevator went up.

That girl was hot, Zack thought, but quickly dismissed it. Even if he still loved girls, he was in love with one and was in this hotel as a bell boy because of her. Being in love with a girl couldn't stop a guy from checking another girl out, though. It was just an automatic thing. Still, though, Zack felt guilty for thinking that girl was hot. He couldn't see the country girl's face, but he could see that in the second that he saw her that she had dark hair and tan skin.

Zack started. Wait, dark hair and tan skin... and she was wearing country clothes...

Zack gasped and the woman whose bags he was carrying looked over at him. "What is it young man?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm sorry."

The lady went back to what she was doing on her phone and Zack's heart began to beat hard like a bass drum in his chest. That girl couldn't have been London. She still had another few days until she arrived. Cody said, though, that she didn't want to take busses, boats or trains, and he was thinking of getting her onto a plane. If that was the case, then she would be in Boston by the next day, but what if it was a jet? She could be in Boston already!

The elevator dinged and doors opened. Zack booked it out of the elevator and down the hallway, and he ignored the lady asking what the rush was. He quickly dropped her bags off into her suite, then booked it back to the elevator with the luggage cart. He bounced up and down anxiously as the elevator descended to the first floor. "C'mon..." Zack muttered in impatience.

The doors finally opened, and Zack rushed out of the elevator and looked all over the lobby for the girl dressed in country clothes. She was nowhere to be seen. He spotted Esteban at the front desk and ran up to him.

"Esteban!" he shouted, which made his friend jump.

"Ey, yay yay, muchacho, what is it?"

"Did you just see a girl dressed in country clothes enter the lobby earlier? She was with a blonde girl."

"I sure did, but they ran out of the lobby and through to the restaurant when a couple of really scary-looking big men came and started chasing them. Honestly, I felt badly for the poor young ladies."

"Was London one of them?"

Esteban's brows pushed together. "London? I thought she was at the sea school."