Chapter 6 - Getting Used to Them

"So you're dating London, but in secret?"

Zack and Cody stood in the school hallway near their lockers the day after his and London's "study session," and Zack leaned in to Cody after looking around. He whispered hastily, "Hey, don't say that so loud, will ya? The whole point of it being secret is not letting people find out about it."

"People will find out. This is the first time you've ever dated someone. And to think, it's London, someone who you've been friends with for a while. You know, friendship is the beginning to romance."

"Yeah, you've told me that before."

"So what are you going to do about Pamela?"

Zack leaned against his blue locker. "I'm gonna tell her the truth."

Cody patted Zack's shoulder. "Good for you, Zack, and... here's your chance."

"What?"

Cody pointed over to Pamela just down a few lockers from them. She glanced at Zack and gave him a smile. It was now or never. He walked up to her, but stopped and stared at who was walking down the hallway behind her. It was that tall guy who was with London! He was a high school student? She said that he was five years older than her!

Annoyed that this guy lied to London, Zack walked on passed Pamela and came up to the guy who stood a several inches taller than him. Whoa, he's taller than I anticipated. Nonetheless, Zack said, "Hey, man."

"Hi. Do I know you?"

"No, but you know a friend of mine. Her name's London Tipton, and she told me about a guy that she met yesterday, a guy who, very coincidentally, looks like you."

Slight alarm encumbered the guys features. "You must be mistaking me for someone different. There are a lot of guys on the ship who resemble me."

"Maybe. I think I would recognize the guy who was lip-locking my friend yesterday on the Sky Deck. I work at the smoothie counter—I see things."

The guy pursed his lips. He cleared his throat and stood tall. "Well, again, you mistook me for someone else."

Zack really needed to get somewhere with this guy. He held up his hands, feigning defeat. "Okay, fine. I was just saying that if you were that guy, I was going to tell London to pay you a thousand bucks since that's what she does when she starts dating a new guy. But, since you're insisting that you're not that guy, and you are in high school, not five years older than she is, then... oh well. Just wanted to do you a favor, man."

Zack walked on passed him, and he only took two steps before the guy said, "Wait, hold on a second." Zack smirked. He turned around. "Okay, maybe I was that guy. London said that she likes older guys, so I told her that I was five years older than her."

"London said she likes older guys?" No, he needed to be serious. "Is that so? Well, I guess I'll go tell London that she owes ya. That is, if you're serious about her."

"Oh, yeah. She's beautiful, she's rich... what else matters, right?"

Zack creased his brows. Sure, London was rich and beautiful, but there was a lot more about her that made her appealing. "So, the only thing going for is the fact that she's rich and beautiful?"

"Yeah. She's as dumb as a post, which makes a relationship far easier."

"As dumb as a post, huh?" Zack repeated, agitation pinching his chest.

"Yeah. I mean, you know her, so you know that she doesn't even know how to spell her last name. Heck, she had to stop and try to remember it when I asked what her name was. Who doesn't remember their own last name? I mean, that's just sad."