Chapter 11 - A Talk with Mr. Tipton

The whole ship was all a buzz about Mr. Tipton coming in person. Well, the whole ship, as in, all the employees and Zack's group of friends. Zack paced his room, thinking about how he would confront Mr. Tipton, who would arrive on the ship the next morning.

He heard his door open and in came Cody. "Hey, thought you were getting ready for bed."

"I was, but then I started thinking about the fact that our plan actually worked." He looked around the room. "You shouldn't be in here since there are cameras. Mr. Tipton will see us together and will know that we faked everything."

Cody smirked. "Okay, one, he's going to find that out anyway; and two, I talked to Kirby. While there are cameras in every nook and cranny of the ship, even in the restrooms, as creepy as that is, there aren't any in the cabins. Thank goodness."

"Well, he still can see you come into my room."

"Just forget that. Now, Mr. Tipton is coming at 10am tomorrow, but there's school."

"I'm cutting class. This is more important." He paused and eyed his bother. "Have you seen London? That bodyguard of hers took her away and I haven't seen her since. She wasn't even in the remaining classes for the day."

"Yeah, she came up to me after school and screamed, rather loudly I might add, that her dad is coming onto the ship. She had been talking with him on the phone for three hours straight, so that's why she wasn't in class. She was trying to convince him to let her stay with me, but, of course, he had none of it, which made him have the desire to come onto the ship even more."

Zack smirked. "Clever, even for her. That's my girl."

Cody put a hand on Zack's shoulder. "Good luck, man."

"Thanks. I'm gonna need it."

Cody patted his shoulder. "Well, get some sleep. You're going to need that, too."

Zack nodded and Cody left. His heart pounded, knowing that he would face Mr. Tipton in twelve hours. "Oh, crap..."

~ ~ ~

There was a whole group of people in the lobby, waiting to greet Mr. Tipton, and most of those people were ship employees. Mr. Moseby stood in front of everyone, instructing them to be their best selves. Zack stood in the back of the crowd, hiding from Mr. Moseby. He saw London standing off to the side of the entrance, waiting as well.

Wow, she looks hot in that green dress...

A couple of men in suites came into the lobby and Mr. Moseby hushed everyone. That was when a whole group of men came into the lobby. Mr. Moseby came up to them, grinning. "Mr. Tipton, is it such an honor to have you come aboard this ship. And I must say, I love what you did with the bodyguards. Very slimming."

"Thank you, Mr. Moseby," Mr. Tipton said as he was hidden by his guards. "Now, I am not going to waste any time. London?"

"Hello, Daddy."

London didn't seem pleased to see her father. The man said, "It is great to see you again, London, and I am flattered that you came to greet me, but you really should be in school right now."

She folded her arms. "I just wanted to say that you coming here was pointless because I'm not going to break up with a second guy who I fell in love with, and who's far better than the last one."

Zack's chest pinched, even though he knew she was making things up. Did she really have to say that Cody was better than him, though? Well, it may be true in many aspects, but still.

"London..." he sighed, "let us talk in my suite alone, but after school. Now run along to your class and meet me at my suite when you are through."

"Yes, Daddy," she said, then glanced at Zack. It wouldn't be her that would show up, it would be him, and it would be much earlier than 3pm when school let out.