2. Disappearing Act

(Tim's POV)

Jason stealthily slid a plate under the intruder's foot, effectively knocking him to the ground without drawing attention to himself.

You could tell he wanted to jump in the fight, but for once did the smart thing, and stayed out of it... mostly.

Anyway, it was hard to land a hit on the attacker, but he wasn't doing any better, his shots in no way accurate. And while he attacked us, we tried to keep our distance, but it was difficult to neutralize his powers.

It was hard to understand what his powers even were, getting close several times, and I was getting annoyed at this point. His magic indicated maybe incinerating the objects he's hit, or teleporting them on the spot, but I had a hunch it was the latter.

Barrel rolling to the side, feeling the warmth of the magic pass by my shoulders, I winced.

That was too close.

My gaze met B's and he gave me a curt not.

Coming up with a plan, Batman tried to corner him as I came up in the rear, but his aim suddenly got super accurate.

Aiming at Batman, he shot off, and I knew I wasn't going to make it in time.

But that didn't mean I didn't try to reach him anyway.

Then Jason came out of the crowd like a bullet, knocking him out of the way, getting hit by the blast of magic himself.

He disappeared in a flash of light, and I felt my heart sink.

"NO," I barreled into the man who made Jason disappear and handcuffed him to one of the pillars.

He chuckled and didn't seem to be fazed at all, "Don't worry, he's not dead... probably. But he could be anywhere in the world right now. He's possibly in a desert, perhaps the ocean, or maybe even 100 ft off the ground!"

I punched him in the gut, "Bring Mr. Wayne's son back."

"My magic," he held up his hands, letting a grin peak through his lips, "cannot bring him back. You'll have to search for him the old fashion way. It'll be like a game, I suppose."

Batman was breathing heavily as he knocked him out, turning to me, "Go to the Cave, find anything you can about this, I'll be there in a minute."

Nodding while taking a deep breath, I looked around the now empty room, staring at the spot Jason disappeared from.

Feeling Bruce put his hand on my shoulder, he nodded, "We'll find him, don't worry."

"But what if he's hurt," Dick came to stand beside me, a worried Damian following close behind.

"I am sure Todd is perfectly fine," Damian muttered, but he couldn't hide his unease.

Hugging him, Damian scoffed, but surprisingly didn't pull away from me, "Let's go find our brother."

___

Hello fellow demigods and dear mortals,

Decided to do another chapter as I have something coming up my next posting day. I wish you guys a good week and hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon 🌊🔱