14. Foal You Once

Over the next 2 days, Jason found out more about Danny and how she ran such a big business, as well as having time to be a doctor. It seemed complicated to him, but he had to admire her persistence and bravery.

"Most of my free time at the office is spent on the business," She told him last night, "It's always just been that way for me."

Jason scratched his head as he brushed his teeth. Staring at his face, thinking over how hard running a business alone must be, the unnatural toxic green flecks in his eyes distracted him.

Wonder where those came from-

Shocking himself from his thoughts a frustrated yell forced him to drop his toothbrush, and he found his legs running him to the living room.

Sliding in his socks he could see Danny's eyes were wild, her fingers typing on her computer faster than humanly possible, legs crisscrossed on the grey couch.

It kinda reminded him of someone else really fast on a keyboard-

"No, no, no," Her frantic eyes narrowed, their green taking on a darker more dangerous hue, "come on!"

"What is it," Jason's brows furrowed, searching her face for answers, "what happened?"

Danny didn't look up from her manic tapping, eyes darting from side to side, "Someone's trying to hack into one of the Industry's floors, but if I can't block it then a whole bunch of our client's personal information will be stolen."

"I can't let that happen. Okay, okay," Taking a deep breath, Jason watched as frazzled Danny turned into cool as a cucumber Danny, face taking on a determined glare, "Now let's see how they do against this."

Peering over her shoulder Jason saw lines of code and commands on the screen, or whatever it was, and could see a bead of sweat on Danny's face.

Jason could see how well she worked under pressure, using what she knew about tech to counteract the attack.

It vaguely reminded him of one of his brothers, the fuzzy memory about his family slowly surfacing when Danny jumped up with an idea, startling the memory away.

"Alright," She hunched down again, sinking into the couch cushions, "I think I can get them if I set up a Trojan Horse type situation, make them think it's the information they're looking for."

Jason had felt the memory was close and huffed, annoyed with himself, unable to get it back again, though he knew it wasn't Danny's fault.

"Smart," Jason glanced down at her, pushing away his annoyance for now, "make sure it's tight, if they get through they'll steal the info and could shut your computer down. Possibly for good."

He narrowed his eyes at the screen, "One of my brothers was techy. He had to do something similar once if I'm remembering right."

Jason could tell Danny was in the zone, only sparing him a quick nod as her fingers worked double-time, "Sounds like we'd get along."

Breathing in deeply once more she aggressively hit a button and waited, freezing, causing Jason to halt his movement.

A moment passed.

Then another.

"Yes," Danny screeched, standing up, almost knocking Jason over as she hugged him, "we did it!"

He lifted her up in victory, placing her down after a moment, a grin playing on his lips as he watched her with her crazy hair and giant smile. She danced around in her pajamas, and Jason only now realized Danny reacted to the threat perfectly.

A few minutes to successfully take the enemy down in that small window of time?

"Impressive," Jason nodded as he voiced his thoughts, a joke swimming around in his head, "guess their bark is worse than their byte."

Danny and Jason both froze, Jason holding up a hand to cover her open mouth, "Nope, I realized as soon as I said it. It was lame."

Grabbing his hand with her own, Danny pulled it down to reveal a grin, "I thought it was cute."

"Yeah, yeah," Jason's cheeks flared, embarrassed and still annoyed with the missing memory, but hid a smile at her antics, "whatever."

____

Hello fellow demigods and dear mortals!

Sorry it took so long to get this out, guess I lost track of time and my brain got in a mood lol Anyway here's the next chapter and let me know whatcha think about it (feedback is always appreciated!)

- EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon 🔱🌊