6. Dinner Time

(Dick's POV)

As soon as Jason went missing, we searched for any clue on where he might have ended up.

The major problem with that was, we didn't know where to start looking.

It got so intense, we had Justice League members searching, keeping the info that he's B's kid hushed to those who didn't know.

Dami went on patrol, kicking himself knowing there wasn't much he could do, while Tim hunkered down with his computer, checking out different cameras and running facial recognition for any signs of Jason.

As Bruce organized the Justice League search party, keeping up with the information at the same time, he worked his regular job of protecting Gotham.

I helped where I could, whether it be taking over patrol at times for B, fetching something for the others, or keeping everyone's hopes up.

But I was having a hard time keeping up the morale.

At the start, I was out with Young Justice, taking charge like Bruce was doing with the Justice League.

Barry and Wally checked for Jason, zooming around Central City, as Oliver and Artemis searched Star City. Everyone else was looking in their own places before moving on to other areas.

But it was scary, not knowing.

I also didn't take a break to eat anything or sleep, occasionally drinking a coffee, pushing my body to the brink of exhaustion.

The others were pushing themselves hard too, as I was pressing off the edge, tiring myself even more by struggling to keep up a happy face.

I didn't know how much longer I could hold up.

I was currently at the Cave now, checking on everyone's progress, when Alfred materialized beside me.

"It is time for dinner, Master Richard," His eyes roamed quickly over me, "It has been days, you need to eat something to keep up your strength."

I wore my disheveled police uniform, the one I refused to take off when I came back from the precinct, the one I wore as I organized the searches.

"I can't right now, sorry Alfie," I mumbled, "I need to keep looking for Him."

Pulling my hands from the console, Alfred sternly, but softly, told me, "You must take a break, you have been awake for three straight days, Master Richard. You accomplished getting the other Masters to get a few hours of rest and to eat their meals, it is now your turn to do the same."

"Master Jason would not want you to push yourself so hard," He started to pick up the coffee cups from beside me, "and it would be much more efficient to work refreshed, or else there is a chance of missing something."

I stood angrily, "But what if he's hurt, Alfred, and we could've found him sooner, but I decided to take a break! I can't do that to him, he's already gone through so much, what if he... if he..."

My anger trailed off, and I realized tears were streaking down my face, "I can't lose him, Alfred, not... not again."

"I know, Master Richard," He sighed, "we can't lose him either. Why don't you just come with me to the dining room?"

I nodded mutely. I didn't realize just how tired and hungry I really was until he mentioned it.

Following him, I suddenly found myself sitting in my seat at the table, a hot bowl of soup in front of me.

I looked at the others around me, they seemed really tired, and they also looked up, but in alarm.

Bruce came over to me, "Dick, how long has it been since you've slept?"

I looked away, ashamed, staring into my soup like it would implode under my eyes.

"Dick," he crouched beside me, speaking softly, "how long has it been."

"A day-ish," I closed my sore eyes before opening them again. Don't fall asleep.

"Dick," I could hear Bruce's worn-out tone.

"Fine," I mumbled, "three days..."

I could hear everyone sigh and vaguely heard Timmy as I ate, "You've been helping everyone so much, but you haven't slept at all. I know it's ironic coming from me, but you have to sleep for at least a few hours."

I nodded, scraping the last spoonful of liquid goodness into my mouth, I was surprised at how fast I ate.

Guess I really was hungry.

"Thanks, Alfred," I nodded at him before retreating back to the cave, "I'll be by the Bat computer if you need me."

___

Sinking back into the chair, I looked at my updates.

Nothing new on his whereabouts.

Grumbling frustratedly, I leaned my head against the back of the seat, "Why is this so dam hard!"

My eyelids started to feel like they weighed a million pounds, and I struggled to keep them open.

Soon I couldn't anymore and I cursed my body's need for rest.

(Bruce's POV)

I made my way to the Cave to check up on Dick, he really needed to sleep.

Alfred told me he hadn't had anything but coffee the entire time. And on top of everything he was doing, he even managed to get the boys to sleep and eat, at least once a day.

Gliding to the computer, I found Dick fast asleep in the Bat chair, muttering something in Romani.

Sighing fondly, I lifted his slumbering form into my arms, carrying him to bed for a comfortable sleep.

They'll run themselves into the ground if they were allowed, I swear.

______

Good whatever time it is my fellow demigods and dear mortals!

I apologize for not being able to update this new chapter on schedule, yesterday was the first marking period and I had overdue schoolwork that had to be done by 12 pm.

I stayed up till 11:43 pm so I'm very tired lol 💤

Wattpad was also not working for me for a bit, and my very tired brain was just done with everything, but it worked after a few hours *triumphant laughter*

-EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱