3. What The Schist

The worried faces of the others were burned in my vision as the light blinded me.

It felt like I was falling through the air with nothing to stop me, the worried cry of Tim echoing in my ears.

Black replaced the white light in my vision before I was able to open them again, my head pounding.

My vision cleared, and I found I was on a back road nestled in aspen trees, laying in front of an old blue pickup truck, seeing a dent in the hood suspiciously the shape of my head.

Groaning, I turned my gaze to the blue sky, then to the green eyes of a young woman.

"A-are you okay?"

She seemed to be my age, and her dirty blonde hair drifted in front of her frowning brow, "Are you okay?"

I snapped out of it and tried to get up, "What?"

My vision started to blur again as she rushed forward to help me, leading me to the bed of her truck.

Mumbling out a string of curses, I had a steady grip on her plaid shirt, letting go when we sat, "You can sit here. Now, who are you, and what the heck happened?"

"I-," My brow furrowed, "I'm Jason... but, I can't remember my last name, or where I came from."

I tried to calm my panicking chest and she helped me focus on my breathing.

In. Out. In. Out.

Letting out a shaky breath, she spoke, "It's okay, you probably just have temporary amnesia, possibly due to a concussion. You fell out of the sky and landed on the hood of my truck. You fell 7ft, your lucky nothings broken."

Her petite frame seemed to tense, "Why did you fall out of the sky?"

"Sorry," I grumbled, "everything's fuzzy, but I remember there was this bad guy. He must've done something when he crashed... when he crashed... I think it was an "important" party, and I got in his way."

I trailed off stupidly, and she looked at me in concern, "But why are you even talking to me? I'm a total stranger who fell out of the sky."

She laughed, "I'm a doctor, it's my job to worry about injured people, no matter where they came from or who they are."

"Well, Doctor Lady," I rubbed the back of my neck, "can you tell me where we are?"

She suddenly blushed, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I forgot my name. I'm Dannielle Walker, but Danny's fine, and we're in Maine."

Taking a handkerchief out of her pocket, she dabbed something wet from my face.

Guess my head was bleeding.

How fricking fun.

"We should get that checked out," She seemed genuinely concerned, "I can take you to the clinic?"

I wasn't sure where I came from or what my last name was, but I did know I had a family who would probably be mad if I didn't go.

After a few drawn-out seconds, I relented, "Fine."

Wobbling to the passenger side, I almost fell over dizzily again, but Dannielle came to the rescue.

I looked up at her sparkling clover eyes, "T-thanks."

I cursed myself for stuttering like an idiot as she got into the other side, "The clinic is a couple minutes away, but keep the handkerchief to the wound, we don't want it to get worse."

"Okay," I turned to look out my window. Gazing at the sparkling lake in the distance, I felt a pang in my chest.

I knew I was in Maine, and I knew I didn't belong here, but I didn't know where I did.

But I had another feeling that my family was looking for me and that they were really stubborn.

Good luck, guys.

____

Morning fellow demigods and dear mortals,

Chapter 3 is out now and I'm seriously still so excited, you have no idea. I have a few chapters already started and am working on future ones, so my posting schedule isn't definite. I should post at least once a week, but it will depend.

If you have any comments or questions, just let me know!

-EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon 🌊🔱