» Take Care

Sprained Ankle

"This is your fault," Tanami grumbled underneath her breath. Her arms were looped across Cashire's neck while her legs were wrapped around his torso. His arms held onto her from behind as he gave her a piggyback ride.

"You're the one who told me to 'stop going easy on you'." Cashire responded with a slight hum. "How was I supposed to know you would land wrong?"

Earlier during one of their sparring matches, Tanami had jumped back to avoid the base of the male's foot colliding with her abdomen. Unfortunately, the side of her foot connected with the mat rather than the flat of it. Her body instantly crumpled as pain flared up her nerves. At the moment, purple bruises were beginning to form over the crimson swelling around her ankle. She tried to move it but even the slightest of movements caused pain to zoom through her leg.

Since the crystal could not walk anymore, Cashire was forced to carry her to the small infirmary. She was glad that she insisted on being carried on his back because at least then she could conceal the red dusting across her pale cheeks. He would tease her to no end if he carried her bridal style.

It did not take long for the two to arrive at the infirmary. When they stepped inside the room- well Cashire walked inside, she was carried- they both had little to observe. The girl was slowly eased on top of the grey sheets spread out across the cot. A sigh left the girl's lips as she fell back onto the softness of the bed. She glared at the ceiling above her in an attempt to distract herself from the pulses of pain. She could hear Cashire rummaging through the drawers for who knows what exactly. A few more seconds passed before the sound of shuffling feet came near her.

"Are you going to sit up or stay like that?"

Tanami decided to glare at the white points decorating the ceiling for a while longer before heaving herself back up into a sitting position. Once she did, she realized that Cashire had already pulled up a stool and placed the items he needed on the bedside table already. He gestured for her to move her foot toward him and she did so.

With care, the brown-haired boy delicately grasped her heel with his fingers and slowly turned her leg to the right to see the medial part of her ankle. Tanami winced, a hiss escaping her from the movement. He instantly stopped and placed her foot back in its position. "How did you land so badly?"

The crystal did not respond but the wrinkling of her nose was easy to decipher the emotion. He shook his head. "I'm going to need to ice it for a while."

Grabbing the white plastic bag filled with ice, Cashire easily positioned it around the swollen parts and fastened it with a white bandage. Once that was complete, Tanami fell back onto the cot once again but flicked the boy's forehead on the way down. He did not bother to stop her as her nail connected with his forehead.

"Alright since we can't do any sparring, what do you want to do?" the teen asked as he began to organize the bandages and the bottle of rubbing alcohol on the bedside table.

Tanami's eyes instantly brightened as she forgot about her sprained ankle for a moment. "That one cooking show!"

"Okay, let me go get my tablet."

~.~.~

Memory

Tanami did not know a lot about Cashire's Quirk. It was a bit too complicated to explain and she would never admit that she could barely wrap her head around the basics. The main thing she did know about Social Veil is that if used too long, Cashire would suffer from short-term memory loss. The good thing was that it was only a couple of hours this time around but it still was not fun to watch.

One second they were engaged in a conversation about whether guinea pigs or ferrets were the better pet when his orange eyes clouded over for a second and lost all recognition. His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he tried to make sense of the scene in front of him. She was lucky that at least long-term memories were safe. "Nami?"

When this happens, all Tanami does is smile in reassurance and asked a different question this time around. "Frappuccino or hot chocolate?"

His facial features relaxed as his eyes regain the various hues or bright orange. "Neither. Too much sugar for my tastes."

The crystal pressed her lips together before pouting. "Oh, what? You would go for green tea?"

"Yes? Unlike you, I don't like eating so much sugar."

"I don't eat too much sugar!" The girl crosses her arms over her chest and readjusts her position on the beige armchair. "And green tea tastes gross."

"Says the person who took out all the marshmallows from the cereal and ate a bowl of sugary marshmallows... and then ate a bag of jumbo marshmallows." Cashire retorted and propped his elbow on his folded knee.

"You weren't gonna eat them so I solved the problem!"

A short chuckle rumbled across the teenager's chest as he shook his head. "Maybe we should buy mini marshmallows and plain cereal."

"But that's double the price!" Tanami slid down the armrest with a whine. Just as she was about to say something else, Cashire's eyes lost their bright shine once more and confusion was painted across his face once more.

Taking in a deep breath, the amethyst-haired girl allowed the tips of her lips to curl upward. "Sunrise or sunset? Which do you like better?"