» Pocky Game

"Hey, Cashire?" Tanami's voice slipped out from her lips with ease despite the awkward position she lay in. She had plopped herself on Cashire's bed earlier except at the moment half of her body was falling off the mattress and dragging a good portion of the blanket she wrapped around herself earlier. In her hand was an opened red box with small sticks covered mostly in chocolate. Delicately, she pinched one of the sticks and took it out of its confinement. "Cashire?"

Seated in a chair about six feet away from the bed was the orange-haired boy who was twirling a pen in his hand. His eyebrows were pinched together while his lips were pursed in concentration. His eyesight never trailed away from the notepad held in his other hand. Whatever he was glaring at on the sheet of paper, it seemed like it was giving him more trouble than it was worth when his grasp on the pad left crinkles behind.

Tanami bit down on the pocky stick, her tastebuds instantly tasting the flavor of chocolate. She chewed briefly before swallowing. She drawled out the name, "Caaashiiire..."

No response was given. Not a word or a single gesture.

The edges of her lips pulled down into a frown. Finishing off the pocky she had bitten, she reached into the box once again and pulled out a new one. Narrowing her eyes, she stared at the other teenager before tossing the stick at him. As expected, the pocky struck the rim of his circular, gold glasses before bouncing on top of the notepad. A look of surprise mixed with utter confusion crossed his features before he looked up. The teenager tilted his head in wonder as his lips slightly parted.

"Did you assault me with candy?"

"Yes."

A snort escaped the girl's mouth before she could even try to conceal it. She grinned, amethyst hair clinking together as she hauled herself back onto the mattress. It proved to be a difficult feat as the lower portion of her body was still confined by the fabric. She wiggled for a bit before realizing that she had doomed herself into this half cocoon where she could not free herself. Tanami peered upward at the boy with an innocent look.

Sighing, Cashire placed the notepad and pen on top of the wooden desk to his right and threw the pocky into the trash. Getting up from the chair, he made his way to the mattress to free his girlfriend from the makeshift prison she was stuck in. It took a while but soon enough, Tanami was free.

"Alright, what do you want?" The brown-haired male asked as he sat on top of the bed.

The girl's lips curled into a mischievous smile as a playful glint sparked in her eyes. She shook the box in her hand. "Have you ever played the pocky game?"

"The what?" Cashire echoed. He crossed his arms over his chest as he raised a brow. "Pocky game?"

"You don't know it? Please tell me this isn't going to be the same situation as the cauliflower."

"It wasn't that bad?"

"You asked me if it was ghost broccoli."

"I don't see what's wrong with that answer." Cashire responded as he rolled his eyes. He raised his hand to push his glasses to the bridge of his nose as they began to slip.

"Everything is wrong with it," Tanami retorted. "And two, how do you not know it? Your Quirk is literally named Social Veil. You're supposed to be sociable and know trends! Aren't you supposed to be a people person?"

He shrugged. "I was until I met people."

The crystal pondered for a second before humming in agreement. "Yeah, that's fair. People suck. But anyway, do you wanna know?"

Orange eyes flickered over to the notepad that teasingly laid on the desk with the pen. "How do you play?"

Instantly, the girl sat up and her hair clinked together from the quick movement. This time she will be the one to tease! Unless her cheeks betray her and become slathered in red while her ears burn. "It'll be much easier to demonstrate!"

She crawled over to his side of the bed and easily plucked out a piece of pocky. "I'm gonna place the end of the stick in my mouth and then you put yours on the other end. We both have to try to eat it until one of us either breaks the stick or kisses the other. It breaks, the person who broke it loses. We kiss, it's a tie."

"Fine, I'll take you up on this game." Cashire grinned. "Sounds far more interesting than Neith's science project."

With confirmation, Tanami placed the stick in between her teeth and motioned for the boy to do the same. Once that was completed, both took turns taking different sized bites. It was not long until they were centimeters apart. By then, both of them were already sporting a light dusting on their cheeks but pride seemingly won over embarrassment. The crystal would be lying if she said that she could not feel the heat coming off from his skin.

It seemed like she took too long to move because all of a sudden she felt something soft press against her lips. Her mind barely registered it before Cashire had pulled away. A victorious smirk slipped onto his lips and his eyes gleamed with satisfaction. It did not change the fact that he was blushing and his ears were tinged with crimson.

"I suppose we tie." He stated by fixing his glasses. "Neither of us won. Should we try again?"

Tanami's eyes trailed down to see the remaining three sticks in the box. It would be a shame if the remaining went to waste, right?

Needless to say, Tanami strayed away from pocky for a while. She would not be able to take the embarrassment or tease again if she did.

~.~.~

Author's Note:

I have now realized that writing fluff gives me second hand embarrassment. No wonder angst is easy to write.. Also I'm ninety-nine percent sure half this book is going to be about Tincan until I get the sequel for PMO out. Well I gotta finish PMO first.