» Hair

Despite being a vigilante, Cashire was a surprisingly heavy sleeper when exhaustion happened to take over. Even the best of senses could be dulled when the sweet, sirenic tune of sleep was enchantingly whispered into your ears. And as much as Tanami was thrilled that the male finally fell asleep- staying up as long as you could was a habit he picked up from Neith- she wasn't quite sure what to do in her predicament.

The right side of the boy's face was squished in her lap, the rest of his form laying down on the burgundy couch. His body had slumped from her shoulder, and she didn't have the heart to gently prod him awake to move. However, despite her reluctance, that didn't stop her ears from burning from- from- it wasn't embarrassment. She knew that.

She didn't know what was stirring in her chest, but she preferred not to figure it out at the moment. Still, she had no idea what to do. Waking Cashire up was not an option, but she didn't want to resemble the same shade. Finally, a sigh left her lips. Resigning herself to the fate of a very awkward conversation when he woke up, Tanami glanced at the male's features.

The first thing that stood out to her was his long eyelashes. They were a pretty shade of chestnut and curled slightly at the ends, which were uncommon for males to have. Or at least the ones she's seen. Akihiko's eyelashes were somewhat lengthy, but that may have been a trick of the light. Bits of crystal could be found in both of their eyelashes if you managed to see past the amethyst glow of their hair. Actually, now that she looked at him closer, Tanami thought that he had better eyelashes than her. A twinge of disappointment struck her chest, but she was quick to shove it down.

As she inspected the light red hue that tainted Cashire's lips, her fingers threaded themselves through his hair. Subconsciously, her hand began to softly flick at his bangs and rub at the strands. His hair was soft and fluffy, which was easy to see with each slight curl that refused to straighten. It wasn't like her own, which was rugged and sleek, nor did it clink with a subtle movement.

Her nose scrunched at the difference. She wished she had normal hair, and it would be easier to maintain and not draw as much attention. Unfortunately, fate didn't seem to like her all that much. The paper crane sitting innocently in her room so far away was proof of that.

Tanami shook her head to dismiss the thoughts but instantly yanked her hands away. The tips of Cashire's lips scrunched up into a pout while his brows furrowed in irritation. His breathing was still slow, and his chest rose and fell in a rhythmic fashion. Luckily for the crystal, the orange-eyed teen was still fast asleep.

She waited a few seconds, slowly counting them in her mind just in case he decided to wake up suddenly. Releasing a breath of air, the girl's expression finally relaxed. Tanami laced her fingers, holding her arms up, unsure of what to do. Although she did not want to, her eyes dipped down to the boy's bangs.

She shouldn't. She quickly swept a few chocolate strands that fell onto his eyelids with care. She really shouldn't. However, Cashire was asleep and thus, could not verbally tell her to stop messing with his hair.

Once again, her fingers playfully run through Cashire's brown hair. She found out it was more fun to lightly tug at one of his curls and watch it bounce back up like a spring. Now and then, the male's eyelashes would twitch, but he wouldn't wake up. He was too enthralled in a dream to wake up, or perhaps exhaustion had taken hold of him. It didn't really matter to Tanami. As long as he didn't wake up, she was perfectly fine with him being asleep.

Although Neith was a fantastic vigilante, zie wasn't the best influence. With an exasperated voice, Roisin explained that it would take forever for Cashire to sleep when he was younger because Neith had coaxed him into doing something that would keep them both up for no reason. She's seen it first hand, and more often than not, she would smack him with a narwhal plushie until he promised he would sleep. She wasn't sure if he complied, but a small part of her wanted to hope.

Eventually, the world in front of her began to blur. The edges of her vision were coated in smears as sleep was trying to claim her. She tried to fight it for a while, adamant that she wanted to play a little longer with Cashire's hair. However, her will to do so was quickly whisked away as her eyelids fluttered shut. The last thing she felt was her cheek slumping onto her shoulder and the pleasant clinks of her hair colliding.

A few hours had ticked by. She heard the faint sound of rustling throughout that time frame but paid no heed to it. After what seemed like forever, Tanami's eyes opened, although squinting. It took a few times before she managed to open them because of the light. Which was a bit odd considering her hair gave off a brighter illuminance. Glancing around wearily, she still found herself on the couch. Instead of Cashire on her lap, a light blue blanket was draped across her body. Tipping her head back slightly, she gave the living room a brief look. It didn't take her long to find the person she wanted.

Sitting on the armchair with a book in his hand, Cashire's orange eyes were focused on the book in his hand. His index finger lightly pushed the bridge of his auric glasses. Glancing upward, a slight smirk decorated his face. "So, you like touching my hair."

All Tanami did was release a distressed sound before burying herself in the blanket in embarrassment. 

~.~.~

It wasn't my plan to write Tincan today, but oh well. I'm not complaining. Also now I have second hand embarrassment.