» Lavender Melons (Genshin Au)

Miniscule droplets of clear water splattered across the sand as ripples trembled over the surface of the coastline. The soles of black boots with violet diamond designs adorning the leather seeped into the softness of the pure white sand that littered the shore. Water coated the material as a second earlier the female had been ankle-deep. Her teeth slammed together with grit as she instantly raised her arm.

Curled around her fingers was the onyx and golden handle of the lavender sword she was gifted long ago. The various hues of purple, dark and light, that intertwined with each other like vines enveloping gave the weapon an eloquent design. The sharpness of her own blade collided with the large silver sword that her opponent, the Kairagi, a samurai adorning the armor of Inazuma, wielded with unrelenting strength. Pulses of purple electricity sparked with violence shrouded her opponent's weapon while her own blade struggled to withstand such power. Her stance was beginning to falter.

The hair on her neck began to stand as sparks of electricity began to dance across the water with delight. She bit back the gasp that wished to escape her throat and tightened her grip on the handle. Forcing her body to not relinquish, she pressed forth. With a groan ripping free from her vocal cords, she pushed back with what was left of her might and slashed in a horizontal arc. Although small, the opportunity to strike the final blow appeared as the samurai was taken aback by the push and his grip loosened.

Bringing her sword above her head, the lavender light emitted from Mistplitter Reforged began to evaporate into the dark golden color of Geo. Slivers of gold splattered across the blade until it was fully encased in shimmering rock. At the same time, curls of golden light shone into existence. A total of four spirals with sharpened tips pointed in the direction of the Kairagi. Stepping forth with both hands wrapped firmly around her sword's handle, she swung the weapon in a downward strike. Bursts of yellow light sliced across the samurai's figure, cracks forming across the black and purple armor as the spirals slammed against whatever part of his body that they could.

The Kairagi collapsed in defeat just as she placed Mistplitter Reforged back into its sheath. Although she did not bear witness, the clink emitted from the weapon was enough to know that the golden symbol of Inazuma appeared when her blade was returned to its rightful place. Once it did, only then did she feel that dampness of her lavender hair stuck on her cheeks, the droplets of rain soaking into her clothes, and the trickling of them down her skin. Even the purple bow on the back of her head was feeling heavy against her skull.

Tilting her head back, her periwinkle eyes gazed out into the depths of the grey billows that stood proudly above the nation of Inazuma. At times, the sudden flash of purple streaks decorated the dark clouds as if the Almighty Shogun was restless. The female blinked as a drop of water entered her eye. She wondered if it was the slightly ill-thought she had of Her Eternal Excellency. Then again, she doubted that the Shogun would be so petty.

For a moment, the only thing that rung in her ears was the pitter-patter of rain clashing with the puddles and sea. Then she heard it. The twang of a bowstring vibrated against the air as the notch of the arrow was no longer attached. Swirling on the heels of her boots, the lavender-haired girl sprinted across the wet sand. It was difficult to run across the shore as it wished for her to sink into its depths with each step. No matter. It would not stop her in her run. She could not stop.

Squinting, she barely gazed at the sight of her twin brother shifting back as his fingers skillfully held onto the fletching of the Geo-infused arrow. A swirl of different-sized but small golden rocks curled around the arrow tip as another three surrounded it. Releasing his grasp, the arrow slipped free from the string and pierced through the air. With perfect precision, the elemental-infused arrow flew directly at the fire using Kairagi. The tip embedded itself into the samurai's shoulder, breaking through his armor and slicing through skin and muscle. It took another two arrows before the Kairagi fell.

The gold and purple decorations on the bow, Thundering Pulse, began to lose their bright luster as the Geo energy released its hold. The male's chest heaved, his breathing fast and irregular from the adrenaline running through his veins. All of a sudden, his eyes flickered upward to catch her own.

"Ah, Tanami, did you finish the Kairagi on your side?" the male twin questioned as he swiped the strands of wet hair that clung on his cheek. He lowered his arm but still kept his bow out just in case.

As Tanami's stride slowed into a walk, she nodded her head. "Yup! Took me a while. At least you get some distance when fighting, Akihiko. I didn't think I would have to use my weapon at all today!"

"I told you we should have waited to get lavender melons," Akihiko said. "We could have saved us some trouble."

"But I want to make sakura tempura and we had no lavender melons at home!" Tanami stated as she placed her hands on her hips. She shook her head and pointed at the small wooden crate that the two of them had filled with the purple fruit before they were ambushed.

"Alright, alright. We got what we needed so we do not need to stay here any longer." the purple-haired male said as his bow faded from existence in a glow of yellow light. The golden vision on his waist flashed when the weapon disappeared from sight. "We should go before the storm gets worse."

"Yeah, let's start heading home. Hopefully, we don't need to fight anything else."

~.~.~

Author's Note

A Genshin AU that includes Akihiko and Tanami. This was written just for a feel since I've never written for Genshin. It's short and simple so I liked that.

Twin's outfits in Genshin

Their weapons