7

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else isThere's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air".

"The Stark Relief Foundation?"

" Already on the scene. How's the team?"

" Everyone's... We took a hit. Some more than others. We'll shake it off".

" Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth-mode and stay away from here."

" So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer"

" Neither do we."

Natasha, as shaken up as she is, still cares for Lauren. The brunette's head rests in her lap as Natasha stares off into space.

Steve looks down at the woman he loves. He sees her unblinking eyes seem glazed over. As if she's not there. How much he wishes to comfort her... while also soothing his own dream.

He dreamed of Peggy. Back in the 40's. They finally had their dance.

As tempting as it was to stay, he couldn't. But as soon as he stepped away from Peggy, everything disappeared and he was the only one in the room.

Thor paces back and forth on the jet, his dream still fresh in his mind.

Bruce sits in the middle covered in sweat. Everybody is suffering in their own minds.

Once the jet lands, everyone starts to pile out. Natasha sticks with Lauren as they walk towards the farm house.

" What is this place?", Thor asks.

" Safe house", Tony responds.

" Let's hope. Honey ?I'm home", Clint says as Laura pops out from the kitchen, " Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead".

" Hey", Laura says, giving him a kiss then brings him into a hug.

" This is an agent of some kind", Tony says.

" Gentlemen, this is Laura", Clint says.

" I know all you're names", Laura waves.

" Ooh, incoming", He says as four-little footsteps pound on the hardwood floor.

" Dad!", Lila says, running to her dad and being scooped up in his arms.

" Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy!", Clint says, kissing Cooper on the head, " How are you guys doing?".

" These are smaller agents", Tony says.

" Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Lo?", Lila asks.

" Why don't you hug her and find out?", Nat asks,then picks up Lila and hugs her.

The kids make their way to Lauren, and she smiles.

" Sorry for barging in on you", Steve says.

" Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed", Tony says.

" Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low", Clint says.

" How's little Natasha?", Nat asks.

"She's... Lawrence Nathaniel", Laura says.

Natasha looks mildly offended, then bends down to whisper to her belly.

" Traitor."

Lauren zones out for a bit, but it brought back to reality by toast popping out of the toaster. Thor walks out of the house and Lauren walks upstairs. She finds a bathroom and closes the door. She leans her head against it and lets out a deep breath. She turns on the water for the bath tub and undresses.

Lauren stops the water and gets into the hot tub.

She sighs with relief as she feels the heat soothe her muscles. Her arms rest on either side of the tub and her head leans back.

She attempts to close her eyes and relax, but it doesn't work. As soon as she closes her eyes, she feels as though she's back in those chains.

Her eyes flutter open.

She uses her right pointer finger to manipulate the water. She creates a small bubble and makes it swirl. She makes it go round and round in circles. She points her finger up towards the ceiling to freeze it, then curls her finger to melt it and drop it make into the tub.

Lauren tries not to think about it. She tries to get the Maximoff out of her mind... but it seems almost impossible.

Wanda Maximoff might not be stronger than her... but she's sure as hell strong.

Lauren begins to sink further and further into the tub. She sinks down beneath the water, now fully submerged. She doesn't even notice she's holding her breath. She doesn't even notice the knocking on the door. She doesn't even notice Natasha walking in.

Finally, Lauren is pulled out of the water.

" Are you crazy?!" Natasha exclaims.

Having been under water for 2 minutes, Lauren is surprisingly calm. She looks at her best friend with a blank expression. She simply gets out of the tub and grabs a towel. Before she can walk out of the bathroom, Natasha grabs her arm. Natasha looks into her eyes, trying to read her. She tries to find something-- anything.

Lauren can mask all too well. Natasha lets go of her arm.

Lauren walks into an empty guest bedroom to go get dressed. 

She puts on a pair of black leggings and a black tank top.

There's a knock at the door. Lauren senses it's Steve, and before he can even say anything, she opens the door with her pinkie without moving from the bed. He walks in the room, closes the door and sits next to her on the bed.

" Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

She shakes her head.

Lauren grabs Steve's hand as she lays down. He takes the hint and lays down next to her. He wraps his arms around her and holds her close to him. She feels his chest against her back, and feels his heart beat. Steve rests his chin on her head, and he finally feels comfortable enough to close his eyes. Lauren keeps her eyes open, not daring to close them.

Steve manages to fall asleep, but not for long. A knock at the door makes him get up. He opens the door to see Natasha.

" You and Tony are on firewood duty," Natasha says.

Steve clears his throat.

" Okay," He says.

Natasha peers behind him to see Lauren in bed.

" I've got her," She says.

Steve tries to fumble for an explanation.

" Did you really think I didn't know?" Natasha asks, " You're a horrible liar, Rogers."

Steve exits the room, leaving the two Russians be. Natasha closes the door and climbs into bed with Lauren. Natasha lays down and drapes an arm over Lauren.

" Your hands are cold," Lauren says with her eyes closed.

" Shut up," Natasha responds.