12

Lauren uses her bo staff to knock back the robots trying to attack her. Steve kicks up his shield, and Thor hits it, causing the shield to disengaged 5 robots, then wedge itself in a car. Lauren puts her bo staff back into its holsters, do a back flip so she lands on a robot's shoulders, flip down to grip its ankle, then flip around once more to throw it towards two more robots.

Lauren runs towards Steve, jumps up so he can grab her feet, then Steve throws her straight up in the air. She twists around with her bo staff to take out robots. When she falls back down, Steve catches her in his arms.

" Alright, we're all clear here", Clint says over the coms.

" We are not clear. We are very not clear!", Steve says as he shoves his shield into a robot's chest, then gives it a double-foot kick.

" Alright, coming to you", Clint says, " Nobody would know. Nobody. The last I saw him when Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already".

" I would know.Your coms are still on, Barton," Lauren says as she fires her gun at the robots.

" Of course they are", He sighs.

The Avengers continue to fight the robots, eventually finding one another.

" Romanoff!", Steve shouts as he throws his shield towards Nat.

" Thanks!", Nat says as she picks up the shield to shield herself from the fire of a robot, hits it's leg, then it's face, and throws it at Steve who then destroys what's left of the robot.

" Long time, no see," Laure says.

" I barely recognize you", She says as she brings Lauren into a hug.

" The next wave is gonna hit any minute. What do you got, Stark?", Steve says as they guide some Sokovians into a building for shelter.

" Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear", Tony says.

" He asked for a solution, not an escape plan," Laure says as she and Steve walk towards the edge of the rock.

" Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice", He says.

" Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock--", Nat starts.

" Not till everyone's safe", Steve says.

" Everyone up here, versus everyone down there? There's no math there", She says.

" We're not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Steve says.

" I didn't day we should leave. There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?", Nat asks.

" Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better", Fury says over the coms.

The original S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier then flies up into our viewpoint, stunning them all.

" Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do", He says.

" Fury, you son of a bitch", Steve says.

" Ooh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?", Fury asks.

" This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?", Pietro asks as a few lifeboats deploy from the carrier.

" This is what S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to be", Steve says.

" This is not so bad", Pietro says.

" Let's load them up", Steve says.

They guide the people out from their hiding spots, allowing them to bolt towards the life boat. Lauren sees a little girl huddled up in the corner who's clutching onto her stuffed bear for dear life. She carefully approaches her with a warm smile on my face.

"Kak vas zovut? (What's your name?)", Lauren asks in Russian.

" Kalea", The little girl responds.

"Yest' li u vas roditeli? (Do you have parents?)."

She shakes her head.

" Ty boish'sya? (Are you scared)."

She nods.

" Tam net neobkhodimosti byt'(There's no need to be).Eto ne bezopasno . Ty poydesh' so mnoy? YA obeshchayu, vy budete v bezopasnosti (It's not safe here. Will you come with me? I promise you'll be safe)", I say, holding my hand out for her to take."

"..........Khorosho(Okay)", Kalea says as she puts her small hand in Lauren's.

Lauren smiles, then lead her to the lifeboat.

" Watch her carefully. Take good care of her," She orders one of the workers on the lifeboat.

Lauren tries to walk away, but Kalea clutches her wrist before she can.

" Pozhaluysta, ne ukhodi (Please don't go)", She says with pleading eyes.

" YA dolzhen. Tam v drugiye lyudi, kotoryye nuzhdayutsya v moyey pomoshchi ( I have to. There's other people who need my help)",Lauren says gently.

" Ostan'sya so mnoy. Pozhaluysta. YA ne khochu byt' v odinochku (Stay with me. Please. I don't want to be alone)", Kalea says.

" Vy ne budete odinoki . I vy khotite znat', pochemu ? (You won't be alone. And you want to know why?)", Lauren asks as she waves her hand, making a crystal form, "Etot kristall byl dan mne davnym-davno kto-to ochen' osobennoye. Do tekh por, poka u vas yest' eto, ya vsegda budu s toboy . Khorosho? (This crystal was given to me a long time ago by someone very special. As long as you have it, I'll always be with you. Okay?)".

" Obeshchay ty vernesh'sya ? (Promise you'll come back)", She asks, making Lauren smile.

"Obeshchayu (I promise)," Lauren says

She looks over at Steve, who was watching them with a giant grin on his face.

" What are you looking at?" Lauren asks as she wraps her arms around his waist.

" My beautiful girlfriend," He says with a smile, then plants a gentle kiss on her lips.