9

The Avengers head to Seoul, South Korea. Steve and Lauren run into Dr. Cho's lab, where they see her bleeding on the floor. She tells them about the cradle, and how Ultron has the gem from Loki's scepter to create an android.

" Did you guys copy that?" Steve asks as they walk out of the lab.

" We did," Clint says.

" I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him," Natasha says.

" There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you guys. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city. Like Helen said, it's power is uncontainable," Lauren says as she follows Steve up the ladder to the overpass, " We need to draw out Ultron."

Steve was about to drop down first, but Lauren runs and jumps off the bridge before him. She lands on a semi and Steve lands close behind her.

" What happened to no powers?" Steve asks.

" That was all me," She responds.

Steve drops down to the rear, and that makes a certain robot upset.

" Leave me alone!"

Ultron yells as he blasts the door. Steve tries to hold on as hard as he can.

" Well, he's definitely unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way", Steve says.

" You're not a match for him, Cap", Clint says.

Steve pauses for a second.

" Thanks, Barton", Steve says.

Ultron then blasts Steve into the car behind him. Lauren grabs onto the top of the truck and swings down to kick Ultron. She knocks him to the front of the truck.

" I thought you'd be stronger," Ultron says.

He blasts her back past the car Steve was on and into the street. She tumbles off to the side walk. She groans in pain as she tries to stand up.

" Steve... I'm out. It's all you know," Lauren says, " Barton, extraction."

" On my way, Sabrina," Clint says.

Clint flies the jet down to her and drops a rope down. She's quick to grab it and climbs up into the jet.

Steve fights Ultron as hard as he can. He gives it his all. Natasha drops down to get into the truck... but ends up getting captured by robots. Steve gets knocked into a train as Lauren watches from above.

" Barton, drop me down there," Lauren says.

" Seriously?" He asks.

" Seriously," She responds.

Clint opens the hangar door, and Lauren drops down and lands on top of the train. As she climbs in through the window, the twins appear. Pietro knocks Ultron away from Steve and Wanda creates a blockade.

" Please, don't do this", Ultron says.

" What choice do we have?", Wanda asks.

Ultron turns to Pietro and tries to blast him, but he ducks, creating a massive hole in the train. And then he just flies away.

"We lost him! He's headed your way!", Steve yells into the coms as he and Lauren make their way towards the head of the train.

They see that the conductor is knocked out cold while the train is still going at full-speed.

" Can you stop the train?", Steve asks

" Yeah, Steve, because stopping a train wouldn't involve me using my powers at all," She says sarcastically.

" You must know how to--", He starts.

" Of course I know how to stop a freaking train!" Lauren exclaims, " I promised no powers, and that's what I'm doing."

Lauren looks back over her shoulder at Wanda.

" She can do it."

" She's just a kid," Steve says.

" So was I," Lauren says as she looks into his eyes.

"Nat!", Clint yells.

"Nat? What do you mean Nat?", Lauren asks.

"Cap, you see Nat?", He asks.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!", Steve says.

"Do you have eyes on Nat?", Clint asks.

" Go!", Steve yells as they walk back to the twins," Civilians in our path."

Pietro zooms out of the train.

" Wanda... can you stop the train?" Lauren asks.

Wanda looks unsure of herself. Lauren watches as Wanda uses her scarlet energy to surround the bottom of the train to stop the wheels from turning. She struggles, but doesn't let up until the train is at a full stop.

They all step off the train, and Lauren walks up to her partner.

" She's... powerful. I can see it," Lauren says.

" She might be powerful but might not be trustworthy", Steve says.

They see the twins, Pietro sits down and tries to catch his breath.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute", Pietro says.

" I'm very tempted not to give you one", Steve says.

"The Cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda asks.

"Stark will take care of it", Lauren says.

"No, he won't", She says.

" You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy", Steve says.

" We don't know that for sure," Lauren adds.

"He will do anything to make things right", Wanda says.

" Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on coms?", Steve asks.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?", She asks.

Lauren pulls Wanda to the side to talk.

" What you did to my head...," Lauren trails.

" I-I am sorry. Please, d-don't hurt me", Wanda pleads.

" I'm not going to hurt you. Why did you think I would?" Lauren asks softly.

" Well... you have a reputation of doing that", She says, making Lauren uncomfortably look away, " I'm sorry".

" Stop apologizing. You thought you were doing the right thing... I get that. But if you'd let me, I'd like to work on your abilities. See just how much you're capable of," Lauren says.

" We need to get to the tower", Steve says as he interrupts their conversation.