13

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

The Avengers pile up into the church one by one. Tony lands first, followed by Pietro, Steve, Clint and Wanda.

" You good?", Pietro asks his sister.

" Yeah", Wanda responds.

" Romanoff. You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini", Tony says.

" Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly", Nat says.

And within seconds, Natasha runs in.

" What's the drill?", She asks.

" This is the drill.If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we loose", Tony says as Hulk finally shows up.

" Is that the best you can do?!", Thor shouts at Ultron.

Ultron raises his arm, causing even more of his minions to rush up to his side.

" You had to ask", Steve says.

" This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?", Ultron asks.

" {sighs} Well, like the old man said: Together."

Hulk roars, which acts like a trigger for the robots to attack them.

Lauren uses repetition. Gun, bo staff, gun, bo staff. A simple pattern when used correctly can be absolutely lethal. She puts everything back in its holster, and shoves her palms towards the robots, melting them with her fire.

They all work together as a team to annihilate the robots. All that's missing is the triumphant music.

When Ultron tries to intervene, he gets blasted back by Vision, then Thor, and then Tony. They blast Ultron until part of his face melts off, then stop.

" You know, with the benefit of hindsight--", Ultron starts, but gets cut off by Hulk punching him far, far away from here.

" We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you", Steve says.

" You're not doing that alone," Lauren says.

" You need to get on a boat", He says.

" I'm not leaving your side until we're safe," She says.

" This isn't a discussion. You are getting on a boat", Steve says.

Lauren sighs, but listens.

" What about the core?", Clint asks.

" I'll protect it", Wanda says, then looks over at Clint, " It's my job".

" Are you sure you want to do this?" Lauren asks..

" I can do this. I'm no you... but I'll try", She says.

" Stay alive, Rogers," Lauren says to Steve.

" Likewise, Stone", Steve says.

" Nat, Lo, this way", Clint says, then leads Natasha and Lauren to a car, " I know what I need to do. The dining room. If I knock out that east wall, it'd make a nice workspace for Laura, huh? Put up some baffling. She can't hear the kids running around. What do you guys think?".

" You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway", Nat says.

" Dining room's are over-rated," Lauren says.

" No one eats in a dining room", He says as he stops the car, " We don't have a lot of time".

" So get your ass on a boat", Natasha and Lauren say at the same time as they exit the car.