14

Today is the day.

Everything was planned.

Everything was perfect.

From the dress.

To the veil.

To the shoes

To the shoes.

To the makeup

To the makeup.

It was all perfect

It was all perfect.

Especially the groom.

Steve stands at the altar with Sam, Tony, Thor, Bruce and Rhodes

The first to walk down the aisle is Lila, the flower girl.

The next is Cooper, the ring bearer.

Lauren takes a deep breath as Natasha and Clint lock arms with her. She hears the harp playing. Together, they guide her down the aisle.

As she proceeds down the aisle, she takes time to look at everyone there, smiling at them, and they smile back. But, when her and Steve locks eyes, it becomes real.

The almost-wedded couple practically tears up, even though the ceremony is yet to begin. Natasha and Clint hand Lauren to Steve, and the two lock hands as they look into each others eyes with the biggest possible grins on their faces.

" Friends, we have joined here today to share with Lauren and Steve an important moment in their lives. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one .Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life. True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony's end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting. Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends. Your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day", Sam starts, " Now, if you'll please exchange your vows".

Steve goes first, but not before he clears his throat.

" Today, I, uh, marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love. I could say that you were the best thing that ever happened to me, but instead, I'll saying that going under the ice for about 70 years was the best thing that ever happened to me, because it gave me the privilege... of meeting you. When I don't know where to turn, you're there. When I have my doubts, you're there. When I think about giving up... you're there. You're always there for me. I promise to love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine. To be loyal to you, and always have your back. To stand by you, and protect you with everything I've got. Because you, Lauren... are everything I've got", Steve says as he slips the ring onto his almost wife's finger

By now, people have started to get all teary-eyed, and you can see why. And then, Lauren stands up straight, and lets out a deep breath before she recites her vows.

" Steve... you are something that I never thought would happen to me. I never thought I would have someone love me the way you do. I never thought... it was possible. I have been alone... for a very very long time. But with you... I don't feel alone. You... you give me hope. You give me joy. You ground me and make me feel calm in moments where all feels lost. Your love has roared louder than my demons, and for that, I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without doubt, in a heartbeat.... I'll keep choosing you", Lauren says, a single tear of happiness falling down her cheek as she slips her almost husband's ring on his finger.

" And now, by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride", Sam says.

And that's the only thing Steve and Lauren needed to hear, before they embraced each other with a warm, passionate kiss with a few salty tears. By now, everyone is applauding and cheering.

The two who are trying to hide their tears are Natasha and Clint, because they are too " tough" to cry. But when it's your honorary sister, it's acceptable to cry. The rest of them aren't crying as much, but there were a few tears shed.

But when it comes to the newly wed couple, they're embracing their tears. The two pull back from the kiss, and then are pushed into an amorous hug. And then, Steve and Lauren say the phrase, that one day could possibly end up being a reality:

" Forever and ever... until death tears us apart".