11

The Avengers try to get as many Sokovians out of the city as possible. Wanda uses her mental manipulation to get people up and out.

" Take a sweep of the buildings and if any people are in there, then teleport them out," Steve orders.

" What happened to no powers?" Lauren asks.

" Do you got it?" Steve asks.

" I got it," She says.

" Then go."

Before she can teleport, robots start flying around the city.

She creates a forcefield around her and Steve that protects them from the fire from the robots.

" Go!", Steve yells to the civilians, then knocks over a robot with his shield.

Lauren take both guns out of her thigh holsters and shoots 6 of the robots, then turn around to shoot the two behind her. Steve grabs a robot by its shoulders, forces it down onto a car, then rips off its head with his shield. Lauren creates a fireball in her hand, but just before she can throw it, the ground starts to rumble. The ground cracks, tearing apart from the inside. A gigantic chunk of the city now cut off from the rest of the earth, and it slowly starts to rise. Steve beheads another robot as we both run over to the edge, watching as the ground rises.

" You're not doing this?", He asks.

" Can't tell. Pinch me. I just might be dreaming," Lauren says as bits and pieces fall off of the city, gaining more altitude by the second.

" Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world... will be metal."

" Does anyone know if Banner has found Natasha yet?", Lauren asks as she twirls her bo staff in her hands.

" He'll find her."

Lauren hits one of the robots with her bo staff and sends it into a metal pole. She flies up into the air and casts fire down.

" Lauren? Lauren, do you copy?" Natasha asks.

" Oh, thank God you're here", Laure says as she lands back on the ground, " There's no time to explain, but the city is flying while there's a robot invasion".

" For a person who doesn't have any time to explain, you did a pretty good job."

A robot then flies towards Steve, knocking him into a car.

" Cap, you got incoming", Tony says.

" Incoming already came in", Steve says as Lauren comes over to him, " Stark, you worry about bringing the city down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off".

They make their way back over to the bridge when they hear a woman screaming. Steve and Lauren grab ahold of the bumper of her car... but the car falls anyway.

From way down, they see Thor chuck the woman up into the air. Steve jumps down, grabbing the woman while holding onto the bridge. Lauren helps the woman up.

" You can't save them all", One of Ultron's robots says as Steve throws his shield at it, " You'll never--".

" Never what? You didn't finish!", Steve calls out as the robot falls down.

A car crashes down on the bridge, then Thor lands on top of it.

" What, were you napping?" Lauren asks as they move along.