chapter 1

Welcome to
"A mere bet"

A little reminder:

This is my first time writing a fan fiction..so please forbid my mistakes. But i will make sure to make this story interesting as i have the whole story planned. In the upcoming chapters, this story will grow more and more interesting. Thank you.. Enjoy the story!

Dulwich high school is one of the prestigious schools in South korea where y/n, a common girl gets admission. She is just like some of you. A girl who is determined and has a dream of making herself independent.

"Everyone who's new to Dulwich high school, let me give an introduction to you all" said a guy in his early 20s.

"I'm lee shuzo and I'm your senior, today i am here to welcome you all new comers to this school and congratulate you all for getting admission here" he said while bowing a little.

"She is miss rose and she is the head of discipline department, she will handle all of the complaints related to bullying or ragging" Shuzo said as he introduced them all to a middle aged woman with glasses.

Miss rose stepped forward and introduced herself to the fresher students.

Meanwhile

Y/n was sitting there listening to shuzo. A girl was standing with her who seemed like her agemate. Since y/n was a little introverted, she didn't initiate talking to her. But the girl being socially flexible wanted to make a new friend as she was also new to that school and didn't want to be alone.

"Hey my name is Jiho, I'm from Daegu, what about you?" She said turning towards y/n.

"Hi, I am y/n from Busan" y/n said surprised by her sudden action.

"Nice to meet you,y/n" she said.

"Likewise" Y/n shook Jiho's hand.

"So did you get admission on the basis of scholarship? " Jiho said with a smiling face.

"Ah yes, i am very grateful that i got admission in such a prestigious school "

"I know, right" Jiho gave her a cute smile.

Jiho and y/n started talking about other things. In a few hours they became friends.

"Lets go y/n i am hungry, we must explore this canteen " Jiho excitedly said dragging y/n to the canteen.

One thing y/n had noticed about Jiho is that she is an extrovert and is a social butterfly. It is really difficult to find a nice friend at a new place but y/n could say that she's gonna prove a really good friend to her.

Jiho and y/n went inside the canteen, bought one burger and frappe for each of them and sat on the chairs.

Jiho and y/n both are pretty and quite attractive, so they got attention of some boys, one of them is their senior named Kevin. He is from Canada. He's just like a stereotypical senior who ask pretty girls out and if they reject him, he's gonna call them names.

He saw y/n in the morning at the counselling session. He found her pretty and wanted to ask her out. He was following her since then and finally got a chance to talk to her when y/n and Jiho entered the canteen. He went to their table.

"Hey girls, i am Kevin, introduce yourselves to me" Kevin jumped to the chair and sat down.

"Hi Kevin I am jiho and she is y/n, I saw you earlier with Mr shuzo. I'm guessing you are our senior too" Jiho said with a slight smile.

"Yes shorty you guessed right, i am your senior and i am here to ask you if you are all comfortable here or not " Kevin said with a wannabe considerate senior tone.

"Thankyou for asking Kevin, we're fine" y/n said while sipping her frappe and not even sparing a glance at him.

"Oh i see, so if you are free this evening , let's go for a coffee" Kevin smirked.

"No thanks we are good" Y/n said with a straight face.

"Aren't you being rude?" Kevin tried to control his anger.

"I don't want to go.. what's rude in it?..it's just I'm rejecting your offer to go out with you!"

"Did you just reject my offer?" Kevin stated fuming with anger.

"Well..in simple words.. YES" y/n was still sipping on her frappe while Jiho was worried seeing Kevin's angry face.

"Y/n what's wrong?" Jiho whispers in her ear.

"I'll tell you later."

Please vote if you liked this chapter💜

Hi there , i hope you liked the first chapter, please continue reading it. You won't be disappointed :)

Lots of hugs and kisses ❌⭕❌⭕