Thirty Three

“I’m surprised they let you go,” Ha Eun said, trying to annoy him a little bit, “How did u manage to get out?”

Hyun Woo Sung stepped out from his car, and said nonchalantly, “Pulled some strings.”

Ha Eun cocked her head and again she said, “Really?”

“Come on. You’re talking to a prosecutor here,” he replied, “I know a few people.”

“Wait, what?” she asked again, grabbing him by the arm but this time she was serious, “Won’t you be in trouble? If someone finds out, you’re going to lose your job.”

Woo Sung said heavily, “Don’t worry. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” she asked again, feeling slightly worried.

“Yes,” he replied reassuringly, “Is this all of it?”

He pointed at 3 medium sized luggages on the sidewalk. Ha Eun nodded. With a grunt, he lifted one by one up, keeping them safe and locked up at the back of his car boot.

“Will you be okay though?” Ha Eun asked again.

“Is there any reason why I shouldn’t be okay?” he asked again, opening the front passenger door for her.

“It’s a 4 hour drive to Wando. 6 maybe depending on the traffic,” she said.

“And?”

Ha Eun took a step closer to him and she whispered, “I smell like chemo.”

Woo Sung looked at her, sympathetically, “You don’t smell like chemo.”

“I do,” she insisted, taking a quick sniff at her arm pit, “I do. I tried covering it up using perfume but I couldn’t find me perfume anywhere.”

“Thank goodness,” Woo Sung said, relieved, “Because you don’t smell like chemo.”

Ha Eun still didn’t believe what he had said, she sniffed her arm pit and clothes once more. But Woo Sung stopped her and said, “Trust me, you don’t smell like chemo.”

He leaned over to sniff her neck and raised her arm to take a sniff at her arm pit but Ha Eun stopped him by pushing him away, looking thunderstruck.

“Did you just try to smell my pit?” she asked him, slowly.

“The only way to convince you that you don’t smell like chemo,” he replied, shrugging.

Woo Sund added quickly, “How about this, why don’t you take a shower at my place. We’ll see whether you still smell like chemo.”

“Okay,” she replied quickly.

“Now get in, miss,” he said, “I can’t hold onto this door all day you know.”

Woo Sung smiled warmly at her as he watched her sat down at the front passenger seat before he closed the door and hurriedly entered the driver’s seat.

“Can we rolled down the window?” Ha Eun asked.

"It's only 2 degrees outside!" Woo Sung said quickly.

Sighing heavily, Ha Eun nodded, "I'm sorry."

"We'll be there in no time," he replied as he changed his lane, "Take as much time as you need in the shower."

She sighed heavily. Every once in awhile she kept sniffing her clothes, worried that it would make Woo Sung uncomfortable. But he looked normal. Nothing seemed to be bothering him. Every now and then he clicked his tongue and pursued his lips.