Eleven

The area was well known among club goers. Since it was Saturday night, club goers were every where. Lee Ha Eun was on her way back home after she had her dinner from a nearby restaurant. If only that wasn't the only place where she could have the best bbq beef in town, most probably she'd avoid passing by through an area that was full of drunk club goers who seemed hadn't had enough of drinks already.

Ha Eun braced herself. Although some of the women kept shooting glances at her choice of outfit. Sneakers, long pants and over sized winter jacket. The only thing that she was proud of was her plain body hugging t-shirt. But there were iodine stains that she got from work.

Just a few more blocks to go, she mumbled to herself as she could see the main road up ahead. But to her dismay, there was a loud commotion just outside one of the club. Two men seemed to be arguing over something.

There were no shortcuts nor small alley in the area to get to the main road. Ha Eun had no choice but to pass by them. No one bothered, not even one tried to calm these men down. Even the bouncer just stood by the door, shaking his head. Looking irritated. Shouldn't he call the police by now, Ha Eun thought to herself.

"I'll kill you tonight!" Said one of the man, while the other were hurling insults and cussing at him. He staggered, drunk, he bent over to grab an empty beer bottle of the ground before he toss the empty bottle towards the other man.

The man that he was aiming for missed but the bottle were coming fast towards Ha Eun. In a blink of an eye, she was safe from getting hit by the incoming bottle at the side of her head but the bottle shattered after it hit the back of someone's head who was shielding her from it. Ha Eun didn't realised who it was until she gazed upon who her rescuer was.

Onlookers gasped. So did the man who had flung the bottle. Hyun Woo Sung's face contorted in a grimace of pain.

"Are you okay?" Ha Eun gasped.

Both men who argued earlier on scrambled to their feet and fled the scene.

"Let me see!" Ha Eun said frantically as Woo Sung bent over.

It wasn't bleeding but it was swelling. Woo Sung gasped when Ha Eun touched the injured area.

"You should go the hospital, just in case," Ha Eun said to him,"Come-"

"I'm fine," he replied firmly, "It's just a bump."

"A bump can be dangerous too you know! Come, let's go the hospital-"

"No, miss," Woo Sung said, "I told you I'm fine. I won't die because of an goose egg at the back of my head."

"But-"

"Come," he hold her hand, "Let's get you home. Luckily i parked my car somewhere nearby."

Ha Eun followed his wake. She couldn't help it but to keep on glancing sideways at him, just to see how he was doing. She were already felt shit for what she did to him a few weeks back and what had happened just now made her felt even worst.

"I'm fine," Woo Sung said as he drove through the night, as if like he had read what was on her mind, "If you keep on staring at me like that, you'll fall in love with me in no time."

He chuckled at his own joke but Ha Eun sighed heavily.

"Are you sure? You should at least get it check," Ha Eun said quickly, "Please."

"I'm fine," he replied in exasperation, "Okay? It's just a beer bottle. I've been beaten far worse than that."

"But-"

"You should've waited for Monday to have your beef by the way," Woo Sung said quickly, changing the topic, "Or at least bring a friend to go with you."

"I got tired of eating cup noodles," Ha Eun replied. That was it.

Woo Sung remained quite throughout the journey back to her place. As soon as he parked his car right at the entrance of the staircase, Ha Eun unbuckled her seatbelt and waited.

"What?" Woo Sung asked when she still remained seated.

"Are you sire your head is okay? At least let me check it for you," she said, "Please."

Woo Sung sighed heavily, or at least he pretended to look annoyed. He was trying his best to suppressed his smile.

"You want to see my head here in the car or you want me to come up with you?" He asked.

Shaking her head in disbelief, Ha Eun said, "Come on, then. Let's get inside."

Woo Sung was smiling brightly as they climbed up the staircase to the second floor of the building. As soon as Ha Eun unlocked the front door, the moment she stepped inside, she gasped.

"Why are you so late? I've been waiting for you to come home for ages!" Choi Seung-hyun said to her, looking both annoyed and glad.

"Who is it?" Woo Sung asked, peering inside.

Both men stared at each other for a few seconds. Seung-hyun frowned at Woo Sung, while he looked at him in disgust.

"What is he doing here?" Both of them asked at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" Ha Eun asked Seung-hyun.

"I brought you dinner," he replied.

Ha Eun wanted to run away at the very moment.