Twenty-eight

Ha Eun was on her way to meet her oncologist when she bumped into Jung Hye and her son, Hee Soo. Seung-hyun was nowhere to be seen.

They exchanged a rather awkward greeting before Jung Hye said something was totally unexpected.

"I hope you'll stop meeting Seung-hyun," she said quite firmly.

"Um-"

What? Ha Eun was speechless. She had not being seeing him, and the last time they met was at the hospital when Hee Soo had his seizure but that was months ago.

"I appreciate what you did, for Hee Soo," Jung Hye added quickly, "But, right now, my son."

She glanced over her shoulder where Hee Soo sitting on the bench, waiting for her.

"He lost his father and I don't want him to be losing his biological father as well," Jung Hye added.

When Ha Eun was going to say something, Jung Hye's face changed. She put up a smile and quickly said, "Thank you for what you did. I really appreciate. I hope if there's anything I can do for you to return the favour."

What? Once again, Ha Eun was speechless with the sudden change of her behaviour but it wasn't long to realize why she had put up the act.

"Are you guys done?" Asked a familiar deep voice which Ha Eun hadn't heard for months. She turned around to see Seung-hyun standing behind her back.

They gazed into each others' eyes and Ha Eun could tell, he was yearning for her.

"Yes, we were just going to meet you downstairs but seeing Ha Eun here as well, I couldn't help it but to say hi to her," Jung Hye lied smoothly.

"I have to get going, I'm sorry," Ha Eun said, "I'm already late for my appointment."

"I hope we'll meet again soon," Jung Hye said.

Ha Eun forced a smile at her, but not to Hee Soo. She gave Hee Soo a warm hug before she turned her heels leaving.

She wasn't late for her appointment. As a matter of fact, she was an hour early. Even the nurse at the reception counter was surprised to see her.

"Luckily, she doesn't have any other appointments," the nurse said to her, "Fill in this form first and I'll call you back shortly."

Ha Eun thanked her and sat somewhere far corner to fill in her form but her mind couldn't seem to concentrate. What Jung Hye had said earlier kept repeating itself inside her head and it was starting to get annoying.

"Stay away from him?" She mumbled out loud, scoffed in disbelief.

Ha Eun pressed the pencil so hard on the paper and the lead broke. She sighed heavily, as she stared at the broken pencil. The nurse at the counter seemed to have noticed or heard her mumbling, had pretending not to hear anything.

She was about to get up to get a new pencil but her shoulder was pushed down, making her to sit back once again and Seung-hyun offered her his pen.

"What are you doing here?" Ha Eun asked, as she watched him sat down on a vacant chair next to her.

"Helping you out," he replied, gesturing her to take his pen.

"Not that I appreciate it but, shouldn't you be with Hee Soo?" Ha Eun asked, still not taking the pen.

"He fell asleep. He wouldn't know," Seung-hyun said, "I asked my driver to send them back home first."

"Oh," she stopped, "I've forgotten that you're wealthy."

Seung-hyun raised his eyebrow, "Is it just me or it sounds like you're mocking me?"

Ha Eun grabbed his pen and filled in the form as fast as she could. Yes. No. No. No. She ticked those boxes without thinking it through.