08. i'm so caught up in the news

+

+

nini sighed as she grabbed ahold of her books the next day from her locker.

she had called big red all night to explain what had happened and he was quick to let her see the overview of the situation...it's one of the reasons she loves and hates him all the same. he always lets her see the other point of view and usually it helps but this was something entirely different...which meant she still couldn't have an open mind on things.

"you should talk to him, you know? you're both due for a conversation." big red told her, leaning against the wall of lockers next to her

nini glanced at him "i don't think i need to-"

"neens." big red said with a look

the girl exhaled deeply "look, red what am i supposed to do? hm? i can't apologize because of two things: one; i said the truth. two; he's clearly not sorry for what he said either. besides, he hates me. and i don't have time to unpack a whole seven years worth of drama and history."

"i'm pretty sure he doesn't hate you. he's just still...affected." big red tried to reason "you were a little...um...harsh."

nini shut her locker and turned to face her best friend "it's not my fault that i have to stay focused on what i'm meant for and what i want to do. he knew about that better than anyone and yet he still made things complicated-"

"you called him a distraction." big red reminded her

"i was mad!" nini groaned "people say things, you know?"

"okay, but after that entire thing went down, he stopped dancing and you both haven't talked since the end of year showcase last year." big red added "you both need this talk. i'm telling you."

the brunette girl took a deep breath as she opened her mouth to retort before noticing the rest of their friend group arrive towards them.

the two teens exchanged a glance between the two, mentally agreeing as to not talk any more on the subject with the knowledge that it would end up with multiple questions and opinionated answers.