44. three little words

after the joyful news that nini had been accepted to attend julliard in the year after the next, ricky and the others just had to make a little celebration for her. they knew she deserved a time to be calm and cheerful for a night. one night of stress-free relaxation.

ricky had gotten into boston university for the dance program which was something he was proud of. it was in one of his top picks, and though it's three hours away from nini, he knew that they'd make it work. they were a lot stronger now than they had been over the years.

nini was currently sitting on the kitchen table with gina, ashlyn, howie and seb. they were all talking about their university options and offers.

"okay, we'll nyu hasn't gotten back at me yet." gina said nervously "neither has columbia. but you know what? i'm totally calm."

"yeah, what's the worst that could happen?" howie asked sarcastically "i mean, apart from them rejecting you-"

"and that's enough of these," ashlyn chuckled, taking the cup out of howie and gina's hands to ensure that the curly-haired girl wouldn't throw hers onto her friend and vice versa.

"must feel good to be finally getting your dream neens," seb smiled proudly

"yeah..." nini gushed with a blush on her cheeks before sighing "but, i still need to get my grades..."

"nope." ashlyn said firmly "i already have to deal with kourt always up in her grades."

the group laughed together before nini heard the music turn up from the living room, causing for them all to head over there to dance apart from the brunette girl who decided to stay seated with her cup in had.

she carefully jumped off onto her healthy foot, taking her crutches to head out the back door where there was a bit more peace and quiet and she saw a porch swing sitting in the middle of the garden, making her way to it to sit down.

within the next few seconds, she heard the door being opened behind her causing for her to turn around and an instant smile crept onto her face at the sight of her boyfriend.

"hey," he smiled softly, coming around to sit next to her

"why hello," she grinned

ricky exhaled heavily "you know, i really envy you for having an excuse to not dance in there,"

nini giggled "oh come on, it can't be that bad."

"ej did his robot dance, then challenged carlos to a dance battle." ricky shuddered

nini shook her head with a smile "so dramatic."

ricky gasped in mock offense "me?"

they both laughed as nini shook her head again, ricky watched her look up at the sky.

"so, how does it feel?" he asked

nini looked at him in confusion "hm?"

"how does it feel to know that you were wrong, and i was right?" he grinned smugly "miss 'i overthink and expect the worst outcome in everything.'"

nini rolled her eyes playfully "i do not overthink that much."

"you literally began to freak out because you were overthinking about overthinking before your english lit exam." ricky reminded her

the girl nudged him as he chuckled

"no, but really," he said "how do you feel then? about julliard?"

"like it's still a dream." nini sighed "i can't really comprehend it..."