11- Recaptured

I was struggling to proofread this so I gave up. In my defemce, its close to 4:18 am here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*+*Two hours later*+*

Madeleine closes his eyes, then mumbles "Strong Espresso.."

Espresso chuckles a little. "You keep saying that."

"Is it not true?"

"It is true, but not necessary for you to point out every ten minutes."

Madeleine yawns, opening his eyes again. "But how will you remember?"

"I have a fairly good memory. I won't be forgetting anytime soon."

Madeleine pokes Espresso's face. "But what if you do?"

"It wouldn't be difficult to figure out. Please stop poking my cheek."

He stops. "Hmmm.. What if you forget how pretty you are?"

"I'm not that pretty, Madeleine."

He gasps "How dare you say that about yourself! And it is a false statement as well!"

"Stop yelling in my ear."

Madeleine drops to a quieter voice. "I apologize. I did not realize I was yelling."

"That explains a lot."

"About what?"

"It explains why you almost always yell instead of talk."

"Oh."

Madeleine looks at Espresso. "Some of the colors in your hair appear to be fading."

"I'm surprised the dye has lasted this long."

"You dye your hair?"

"Yes."

"How glorious would my hair look with some blue?"

Espresso looks down. "I do not recommend it. Using the wrong dye could damage your soft hair."

Madeleine chuckles a little. "You seem to enjoy petting my hair. Do you like how soft it is?"

Espresso stops walking. "I only do that when he's asleep or very tired. How does he know?"

"Why would I ever want to touch your hair?"

Madeleine shrugs. "I do not know. You touch it when my eyes are closed. Did you think I was asleep?"

"..Yes..."

He laughs a little. "You do not have to wait until I fall asleep. You can touch my hair whenever you would like to."

"But you prevent everyone else from doing so. Why am I the exception?"

"I'm certain you will never attempt to cut my hair. I trust you."

Espresso starts walking again, footprints leading away from him.