48- Success

*+*two days later*+*

Espresso is curled up in multiple blankets. He hasn't warmed up since that incident.

Madeleine has glasses now. He waited until he was home with Espresso to put them on.

Espresso sighs. "I wish I could've gone with him, but Venti is outside."

He shivers more. "Why does fear have to be so cold??"

Madeleine walks in with some coffee. "Espresso?"

"Still- Still c-cold.."

Madeleine hands him the coffee, which he quickly drinks to feel some warmth. He can't feel any difference in temperature.

Madeleine sits next to Espresso, who moves the blankets so he can hug him.

Madeleine shivers, but lets Espresso hug him. "You- You're still freezing!"

Espresso hugs him tighter. "Sorry. I-"

"This is not your fault. It is Venti's fault."

Espresso hides his face in Madeleine's hair, trying to keep himself from crying.

"I- know b- but you've been taking- taking care of me and I- I feel bad.."

"I don't mind taking care of you. Is there anything else you would like to try to warm up?"

Espresso starts crying, clinging to Madeleine. "I- I don't- I don't know..."

Madeleine snuggles closer to him. "Would you like to cuddle?"

Espresso nods.

"Oh! Mocha started a fire in the fireplace if you want to sit near that with me."

"Please?" He let's go so Madeleine can get up.

Madeleine gently picks up the blanket burrito Espresso, carrying him to the living room.

The carpet in front of the fireplace is soft.

Madeleine sits down. Espresso looks at the fire, then holds his hand out towards it.

He can't feel the heat.

He curls up, leaning on Madeleine. "I- I can't feel it.."

Madeleine thinks for a bit, then gets an idea. "You always heat up when I call you pretty or kiss you! Would you like me to kiss you?"

Espresso feels the slightest bit warmer. He sits up, wiping the tears off his face. "Y-Yes I would like that.."

Madeleine gently puts his hands on Espresso's cheeks, then pulls his head down a little to kiss him.

Espresso heats up. Not enough to stop shivering, but he's noticeably warmer.

Mocha walks past with a plate of food. "If you're gonna make out, go back to your room."

Espresso moves away from Madeleine, hiding his face in his hands. Madeleine gets up. "That is an excellent idea!"

Mocha chuckles as Madeleine carries Espresso back to the bedroom. She yells "Don't worry about making too much noise! I'm gonna be bothering people outside!"