18- Caffeinated Madeleine (Oh No)

*+*a few hours later*+*

Espresso sips some coffee before writing stuff down on the chalkboard.

There's a soft thud, then Madeleine groans.

Espresso quickly finishes writing, sets down his cup, then goes to check on Madeleine.

Madeleine sits up. "Falling is scary.."

"You fell off the couch."

Madeleine looks at it. "Oh."

He looks at Espresso "Do you have food?"

"Good question- I don't remember." Espresso turns and goes to the kitchen, checking for food.

Madeleine follows him. Espresso gets more frustrated as he realizes most of the food went bad while he was missing.

He pauses his search, resting his head against one of the cabinets. "Most of it expired."

"So that is a bad thing?"

"Yes. I have to get new food."

"But there is snow outside."

Espresso goes back to searching. "My average body temperature is higher than yours. I can go outside and the snow will melt around me."

"So what you are saying is.. you're hot?"

Espresso quickly stands up to his full height, hitting his head on an open cabinet door. He curses and slams the cabinet shut.

He looks at Madeleine, who's leaning away.

Espresso rubs his head where he hit it. "I uh.. I am sorry about that..."

He briefly glances at the cabinet. "I need to remember that I'm not alone in the house."

Madeleine gets up and walks over to Espresso's lab. Espresso runs over and picks him up. "No!"

"But I would like to taste it!"

"One, you are sick. Two, I don't know how you would react to caffeine. Three, it would be way too bitter for you."

"Let me taste it!"

"No!"

"Espresso, please let me taste it."

Espresso carries him back to the couch. "I have to buy food. You wait here and rest. Please don't get hurt."

Madeleine pouts, but Espresso leaves. Madeleine watches as the door is pulled shut.

He stands up, walking around.

Espresso adjusts his cloak, then pulls on his boots. He grabs his money and keys.

He makes sure the front door is locked before disappearing into the snow.

The wind isn't as bad as it was before. The snow is just as heavy though.