54- Oh Fuck, Not This Again!

*+*wooo it's summer*+*

Espresso is looking through some of the books they found in the Forgotten Academy.

He still hasn't found anything that could help with Madeleine's missing wings.

Madeleine is currently on patrol, and Mocha is hanging out with Strawberry, so Espresso is alone.

He hears something crash in a different room. He quickly puts a bookmark in the book, then has a spell ready.

He hears footsteps, then someone opens the door.

Espresso immediately recognizes Licorice, despite the mask he's wearing. "Why did you break into my house?!"

"To kidnap you, duh."

Poison Mushroom pokes their head in the doorway. "Night night..!"

Espresso quickly grabs the edge of his cape, covering his nose and mouth before Poison Mushroom throws the spores at him.

He knocks Licorice down with the spell he had prepared.

Poison Mushroom grabs part of Espresso's cape and starts tugging on it, trying to pull it out of his hand.

There's a knock at the door.

Licorice gets up and starts pulling on Espresso's cape as well.

Espresso kicks Licorice. "Let go of my cape!"

Poison Mushroom throws more spores. "You need.. a nap..!"

They manage to yank Espresso's cape out of his hand.

Espresso coughs and stumbles away from the two.

More knocking.

Espresso is trying to keep his eyes open. His sense of balance is gone, and he collapses.

Red Velvet opens the door. Madeleine told him to check on Espresso, since he had a bad feeling but couldn't abandon the patrol.

He sees Licorice and Poison Mushroom standing over Espresso, who's unconscious.

Poison Mushroom turns around. "Red Velvet..! Where have.. you been..?"

Licorice quickly turns to see Red Velvet. "What on Earthbread?? We thought you got captured!"

"I did."

"Then why are they letting you walk around freely???"

"Oh, I live here now. It's actually really nice. The kingdom is-"

"You betrayed us for a bunch of silly cookies who keep getting in our way?!"

Red Velvet holds up his hand. "No, I-"

"So why are you living here?!"

"Well-"

"Are you on their side? Or are you just undercover.."