27- DOOR

*+*A somewhat warmer day*+*

Pastry cookie is preparing to try to kill Vanilla and Red Velvet again.

Said people are talking about their favorite places to walk their dogs.

Pastry is hidden from their view. "Those two monsters must be dealt with."

She aims at them, but before she can do anything else, someone grabs her arm.

Latte digs her nails into Pastry's arm. "Here's some advice.."

Pastry makes the mistake of looking at Latte's face. Latte is smiling, but she's clearly angry.

"Don't shoot random civilians. Especially those two."

Pastry nods, shivering. Latte lets go, then cheerfully says "I hope your stay in the kingdom has been nice so far!"

Pastry is holding her arm where Latte had grabbed her. "Ow, my arm!"

Latte walks over to the other two and starts talking with them.

Pastry shakes her head and leaves. "I have to take care of them when they are completely alone. They've done something to the residents."

As she walks down the street, she hears yelling.

She looks up from the sidewalk to see Madeleine and Espresso, who are both in front of Espresso's house.

Since she hasn't met Espresso yet, she doesn't know who he is.

Madeleine yells "But you do not take care of yourself!"

"That doesn't mean you barge into my house, uninvited might I add, to bother me!!"

"You forget to eat! Who else is going to remind you??"

"I can take care of myself."

A few other cookies are watching.

Madeleine raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure? If you actually did take care of yourself, I would not have to do any of this!"

Espresso starts to say something, but pauses. "Nevermind. I will be fine."

Espresso turns to go inside. Before he can shut the door, Madeleine stops it from closing more. "You still have not eaten the food I prepared for you."

"I will eat it later. Leave."

Madeleine leans on the door more. "I will leave after you eat. Even if I must spend the night."

Espresso pushes him out of the house. "You've spent the last few nights here. You do not live in my house, so stop acting like you do."

Madeleine gets an idea. Espresso stares down at him. "No. I know exactly what you're thinking, and the answer is no."

Madeleine is sad. "Oh. Why?"

"You know how small my house is."

Madeleine hums slightly, then smiles. He quietly says "We could get the sugar gnomes to build a second floor, or a new house in a different area."