68- WHERE DOES THIS HILL END?!

The dogs charge through bushes, sniffing out the trail.

Behind them is Red Velvet, followed by Pastry, Espresso, Madeleine, and Herb.

Pastry says, "If he got taken, it won't take long for him to break out again."

Red Velvet responds, "He can't break out of magic and I'm fairly sure Pomegranate knows that."

Espresso asks, "What if it was Espresso con Panna that took him? He can travel through shadows now and that would never leave a trail behind."

Red Velvet shakes his head, "The trail would've ended already."

Madeleine glares at the trees ahead of them, "I still think he had something to do with Vanilla being upset and running away."

When they reach the clearing, the dogs start barking frantically, looking at Red Velvet.

He gasps, "No! Are you sure?!"

More barking.

"Follow their trail, then! They must've grabbed Vanilla!"

Espresso asks, "What's going on??"

"The dogs smell some of the Cookies of Darkness, as well as Espresso con Panna."

Madeleine growls, "I knew he was planning something!"

"Let's focus on getting Vanilla Cupcake back first!"

*+*far away from there, about an hour later*+*

Vanilla Cupcake wakes up. He looks around, confused.

Then he realizes he can't move his arms and legs.

He tries anyway, but it doesn't work.

He's still wrapped up in his own blanket, the only difference is he's being held upright by magic instead of being on the floor.

He spots a jar sitting on a desk. It looks like it's holding liquid shadows, yet it has no shadows of its own.

"That's.. weird..."

Pomegranate walks into the room, "Oh, you've finally woken up."

Vanilla glares at her, "Why do you keep kidnapping people?!!"

"I didn't kidnap you. I just brought you home."

"This isn't my home!"

"But where else are you supposed to go? Everyone hates you, Vanilla Cupcake."

Vanilla tries escaping again, but it's still not working.

Pomegranate chuckles, "What's wrong? You know it's true. Even Espresso con Panna turned on you."

"What-"

"Don't you remember who tied you up like that in the first place?"

Vanilla goes quiet.