019

✦ Chapter 19: He Owns Me ✦

ISLA HAD BEEN worried her bluntness towards President Coin would've secured her a one-way ticket to never ending cafeteria duty. However, it seemed she liked Isla's spunk, or maybe she decided it would be better to keep an eye on Isla. And what better way to do that than have her constantly with your right hand men? Either way, Isla was happy with Coin's decision.

Isla was given a walkthrough, by Gale of course, of the procedures of being a soldier. She was removed from the schedule of normal duties, the kind Finnick and Annie participate in since Katniss doesn't have duties, a perk of being the Mockingjay. Instead, Isla would be training with the other soldiers and helping to prepare for their advance on the Capitol. Which was happening, as they were practically at the city's doorstep now. Gale had already gone with Katniss to District Two, which was the last step before heading to the heart of Panem.

Isla put on her grey jumpsuit, the usual wear in District Thirteen. It wasn't long after she tied her blonde hair into a high ponytail that a knock sounded at her door. She crosses the space of her small dormitory, opening the door to reveal none other than the tall brunette she had to admit was growing on her. Without Finnick as her usual partner in crime, Isla needed a friend, especially with Mags gone, too.

"Sir," She fakes a salute, causing the man to half smile. "What's the plan today?"

"Beetee asked me to take you down to the armoury." Gale says, moving aside to allow her to walk out of her room. She does so, and he closes her door before walking beside her towards the elevator.

"The armoury, huh? Sounds serious." Isla wiggles her brows, "Top secret mission, maybe?"

"Everyone got a weapon, more so for the propo's. Katniss and Finnick both got one, I even got some fancier looking pieces. But, even though you're actually gearing up to fight, we thought it might be a good idea to give you something, too. Coin thinks that it could be good to include you in a couple shots, since you were so strongly affiliated with the Capitol in the beginning." Gale explains as they ride in the elevator, deep underground. "Beetee designed ours, and he said he finally finished yours."

"Sweet." Isla smiles, anxiously waiting to see what the genius had come up with. Katniss and Gale had used some crazy arrows on their trip to District Two, so she couldn't help but hope for something as cool.

"You'll still need to continue training with your gun, for practicality, but Finnick stressed the importance of making sure you had a weapon styled after your play style in the Games, too." Gale continued, and Isla gave him a look at the mention of the man from her District. "I know you hate him, but he had a good point. Coin liked the idea of having a few staged scenes of you using your knives. You'll use your gun when it comes to the real stuff."